Divorce won’t stop me adopting, says Eva LongoriaNovember 29th, 2010 - 11:48 am ICT by ANI
London, Nov 29 (ANI): She may have divorced her husband, but Eva Longoria won’t let that stop her from adopting children.
The Desperate Housewives actress, who split from her basketball star husband Tony Parker after finding out that he had been texting one of her girlfriends, wants to adopt a child from Haiti as a single mother.
Longoria, who married Parker in 2007, had spoken about adopting before the break-up and now her friends have revealed that she plans to press on - and follow the example of Sandra Bullock.
“Eva had her heart set on adopting a child from Haiti,’ says a source. ‘She so wants to be a mother. She wanted to adopt with Tony, but she’s happy to go ahead as a single parent and is very excited after what’s been a dark period,” the Daily Mail quoted a friend as saying.
Longoria has become attached to Haiti ever since the earthquake ravaged the island in January. She has immersed herself in fundraising work to help the devastated island.
She has also indicated in the past that the sick Latino children she meets in her work with the California-based charity Padres Contra El Cáncer had inspired her to adopt.
“Every time I work with kids from Padres, my heart explodes with happiness and joy. They’re so inspiring,’ she said. ‘I could only wish to have children as strong,” Longoria had said. (ANI)
- Longoria not adopting a baby - Dec 02, 2010
- Eva Longoria is not planning to adopt child from Haiti - Nov 30, 2010
- Eva Longoria Parker considering adoption? - May 06, 2009
- Eva Longoria wants US to protect child farm workers - Mar 28, 2011
- Longoria treasures her good times with Parker - Apr 08, 2012
- Eva Longoria Will Not Feature In A Reality Show - Dec 30, 2010
- Eva Longoria: Is She Going The Sandra Bullock Way? - Nov 29, 2010
- Eva Longoria Dating Penelope Cruz's Younger Brother Eduardo? - Jan 29, 2011
- Brent Barry The Cuckolded Husband? - Nov 18, 2010
- Longoria fuming over affair rumours - Nov 01, 2011
- Eva Longoria Parker wants a big family - Sep 18, 2010
- Eva Longoria Dozed Off During Date With Tony - Oct 12, 2010
- Eva Longoria honoured for charity work - Nov 18, 2009
- Eva Longoria honoured for tireless children's charity work - Nov 17, 2009
- Eva Longoria Files For Divorce From Tony Parker Citing "Irreconcilable Differences" - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: actress, adopting a child, adopting children, basketball star, charity, daily mail, dark period, desperate housewives, earthquake, eva longoria, fundraising work, girlfriends, haiti, happiness, latino children, ncer, sandra bullock, single mother, single parent, tony parker