Dita Von Teese’s racy Renault ad banned in BritainFebruary 18th, 2011 - 4:44 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Feb 18 (ANI): A racy new commercial for the Renault Clio featuring burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese has reportedly been banned from daytime TV in Britain.
The latest ad for the French brand is causing controversy in the UK, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
The brand has enlisted big-name celebrities for its television spot.
Audrey Hepburn, Marlon Brando, David Bowie and Rihanna all appear in the ad, called “Va Va Voom” by the car maker.
But it is only the ad’s other star, Von Teese, causing the stir.
The burlesque star reportedly shows too much skin for daytime TV and the spot has reportedly been restricted to adults-only hours. (ANI)
- Dita Von Teese strips off in racy new Renault Clio TV commercial - Feb 08, 2011
- Dita Von Teese's 'offensive cleavage' censored in CSI episode - Jan 14, 2011
- Von Teese to launch lingerie range - Apr 14, 2011
- Dita Von Teese steps out in see-through top - Apr 12, 2011
- Dita Von Teese struggling to launch own fragrance line - Dec 07, 2010
- I respect strippers of all forms: Von Teese - Jul 23, 2012
- Dita Von Teese admits she once wanted to be an actress - Dec 13, 2010
- Dita Von Teese to perform at London Erotica show in Nov - Sep 28, 2010
- Dita Von 'Teeses' with saucy burlesque show - Dec 09, 2009
- Von Teese proud of her debut perfume - Jul 30, 2011
- Dita Von Teese's striptease at Paris Fashion Week - Jul 09, 2010
- Dita Von Teese sues ex-landlord over 'Mel Gibson-like anti-Semitic rant' - Aug 31, 2010
- Dita Von Teese urges Hollywood celebs to get smart - Apr 22, 2010
- Dita Von Teese making her television debut with 'CSI' - Jan 05, 2011
- Dita Von Teese eyes France move - Jul 27, 2010
Tags: adults, audrey hepburn, burlesque dancer dita von teese, car maker, celebrities, controversy, david bowie, daytime tv, dita von teese, marlon brando, morning herald, renault, renault clio, sydney morning herald, television spot, va va voom