Dita Von Teese struggling to launch own fragrance lineDecember 7th, 2010 - 4:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 7 (ANI): Dita Von Teese, who has reportedly come up against problems in attempting to launch a signature fragrance, has not given up her dream.
The burlesque performer, who is desperate to launch her own scent, is struggling to find a company to back her because she is not a well-known celebrity, reports the Daily Express.
A major perfume company had recently rejected Von Teese over fears that she is not famous enough to carry a cosmetics brand
She is now hoping to set up talks with a number of smaller firms in the hope that someone will want to invest in her idea.
Von Teese is keen to release her own fragrance because she hates smelling like anyone else.
“What I really want to do is make my own fragrance. I don’t want to smell like anyone else. I have to talk to the smaller companies, because the bigger ones, like Coty, are like ‘Well, not everyone knows your name, like the Kardashians or Victoria Beckham,” she told WWD.com. (ANI)
- Von Teese proud of her debut perfume - Jul 30, 2011
- Madonna plans second perfume - Apr 18, 2012
- Von Teese to launch lingerie range - Apr 14, 2011
- Rihanna to launch male fragrance - Apr 06, 2012
- Heidi Klum to launch debut fragrance - Jun 20, 2011
- Heidi Klum to launch her own perfume - Jan 24, 2011
- Kim Kardashian wanted mysterious fragrance - Jun 06, 2012
- Dita Von Teese admits she once wanted to be an actress - Dec 13, 2010
- Von Teese wants to direct porn movie - Jun 15, 2012
- Berry wants women to reveal themselves - Jan 30, 2011
- Dita Von Teese eyes own clothing line - May 01, 2010
- Kelly Brook wears same perfume as Madonna - Feb 07, 2011
- Khloe Kardashian to launch unisex scent with NBA hubby - Aug 18, 2010
- Halle Berry ready to launch her third fragrance - Jun 05, 2010
- Dita Von Teese's 'offensive cleavage' censored in CSI episode - Jan 14, 2011