Dita Von Teese insists burlesque is an art form, not a racy routineFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 3 (ANI): As Dita Von Teese gets ready to embark on a two week stint at Paris” most famous nude revue, she insists that French, unlike Americans, appreciate burlesque as an art form rather than a racy routine.
The raven-haired beauty will titillate audiences at the city’’s notorious Crazy Horse venue.
And she has claimed that she is looking forward to return to the city of love, because Americans have forgotten that her performances are entertainment and not just strip-shows.
Von Teese is famous for her routines that include using larger-than-life martini glasses and carousel horses.
I”m just trying to bring back the original art form, The Daily Express quoted her as saying.
She added: Unfortunately it seems that now in America they”ve lost all sense of what burlesque really is. It’’s just something very racy for them.
It’’s not like in France where they still remember names like Mistinguett and Josephine Baker. In America they”ve completely forgotten this and have a hard time coming to terms with the idea that striptease could”ve been a form of classic entertainment. I like coming here to be appreciated. (ANI)
- Dita Von Teese collects dead animals - Jul 18, 2012
- I respect strippers of all forms: Von Teese - Jul 23, 2012
- Dita Von Teese's 'offensive cleavage' censored in CSI episode - Jan 14, 2011
- have no problem with the word stripper, says Dita Von Teese - Sep 05, 2010
- Dita Von Teese to perform striptease at Paris revue - Jan 23, 2009
- Dita Von Teese urges Hollywood celebs to get smart - Apr 22, 2010
- Dita Von Teese's striptease at Paris Fashion Week - Jul 09, 2010
- Dita Von Teese eyes France move - Jul 27, 2010
- Dita Von Teese struggling to launch own fragrance line - Dec 07, 2010
- Dita Von Teese gets help from wandering hands in raunchy burlesque revue! - Sep 17, 2009
- Carmen Electra goes topless for burlesque show in LA - Jul 10, 2009
- Dita Von Teese to perform at London Erotica show in Nov - Sep 28, 2010
- Dita Von Teese admits she once wanted to be an actress - Dec 13, 2010
- Dita Von Teese's racy Renault ad banned in Britain - Feb 18, 2011
- Dita Von 'Teeses' with saucy burlesque show - Dec 09, 2009
Tags: art form, audiences, carousel horses, classic entertainment, crazy horse, daily express, dita von teese, hard time, josephine baker, larger than life, london feb, love, martini glasses, mistinguett, original art, paris, raven haired beauty, stint, striptease, venue