Disney Sells Miramax Studios For $660 Million To Filmyard HoldingsJuly 30th, 2010 - 6:45 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
July 30, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Walt Disney Co. has finally sold its Miramax film division to Filmyard Holdings LLC for more than $660 million thus ending the month long talks with various bidders.
The Miramax production 2007 movie No Country for Old Men earned Academy awards in 2008. The private equity investors of Filmyard Holdings include investment firm Colony Capital and construction magnate Ron Tutor.
Since last few months, Disney has been involved in negotiation with many potential buyers. Miramax has also made movies like Shakespeare in Love and Pulp Fiction.
Robert Iger, the chief executive of Disney said, “We feel proud to acknowledge many accomplishments of Miramax but now the Walt Disney Studios’ strategy is the expansion of great motion pictures under the Pixar, Disney and Marvel brands”.
Disney said, “This sale of Miramax will carry the rights of more than 700 movie titles, which include Oscar winning Chicago, No Country for Old Men, and Shakespeare in Love”.
Disney bought Miramax for $80 million. According to Disney the sale of Miramax is likely to close between September 10 and year end.
- Disney sells Miramax for $660 million to Filmyard Holdings - Jul 31, 2010
- Disney calls off talks to sell Miramax - May 26, 2010
- Rob Lowe May Be Involved in Negotiations to Buy Miramax - Jul 08, 2010
- Monsters Inc. and Muppets returning - Apr 26, 2010
- Disney Ends Alliance With Miramax - Jan 29, 2010
- Hollywood misses key tech ally - Oct 08, 2011
- Toy Story 3 Turns Highest Grossing Animated Film Ever - Aug 14, 2010
- Rob Lowe planning to buy Miramax Films - Jul 08, 2010
- Disney captures Spider-Man's Marvel for $4 bn - Sep 01, 2009
- Aniston's Comedy And Gnome Cartoon Among Miramax Sales - Aug 02, 2010
- Cameron to build an 'Avatar' theme park - Sep 22, 2011
- Walt Disney Buys Marvel For $4Billion: Reports - Sep 01, 2009
- 'The Avengers' sequel in 2015 - Aug 18, 2012
- Disney to distribute 'Avengers' and 'Iron Man 3' - Oct 20, 2010
- Beauty And The Beast: Diamond Edition On Blu-ray, DVDs And VCDs - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: academy awards, bidders, disney studios, film division, investment firm, magnate, miramax film, miramax studios, motion pictures, old men, pixar, pixar disney, private equity investors, pulp fiction, robert iger, shakespeare in love, walt disney, walt disney co, walt disney studios, year end