Discovery postpones Jackson’s autopsy showJanuary 2nd, 2011 - 3:34 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 2 (IANS) Discovery channel has scrapped plans to broadcast the re-enactment of Michael Jackson’s autopsy after the late popstar’s estate executors’ appealed against this.”Given the commencement of legal proceedings beginning next week, and at the request of Michael Jackson’s estate, the scheduled broadcast of the medical documentary related to Michael Jackson’s official autopsy has been postponed indefinitely,” contactmusic.com quoted the channel as saying in a statement.
The show was a fictional account of Jackson’s autopsy, and print ads promoting it outraged the singer’s estate executors. Jackson died in June 2009.
Co-executors John Branca and John McClain had sent a letter to Discovery boss David Zaslav urging him to pull the programme out of decency.
- MJ estate calls Discovery Channel's autopsy show 'distasteful' - Dec 30, 2010
- MJ's estate 'pleased' after Discovery axed star's autopsy film - Jan 01, 2011
- Discovery cancels 'Michael Jackson's Autopsy' documentary - Jan 01, 2011
- Discovery Channel Slammed By Michael Jackson’s Coroner - Dec 31, 2010
- Spike Lee's MJ documentary in post production - Jul 10, 2012
- MJ's family file secret document against his lawyer - Oct 03, 2009
- Joe Jackson not treated with respect in MJ probate case: Lawyer - Aug 17, 2010
- MJ's mother seeks info on estate - Jul 30, 2009
- MJ fans pissed over televised 'Michael Jackson Autopsy' - Dec 12, 2010
- MJ's mother Katherine wants to challenge named estate executors' authority - Jul 19, 2009
- Fans petition to stop Jackson autopsy show - Dec 12, 2010
- Jacko's mother no longer administrator of his estate - Jul 07, 2009
- MJ's mother to seek control of his estate - Aug 03, 2009
- Now Michael Jackson's second will emerges - Jul 07, 2009
- Jackson family in court battle over will - Aug 04, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,