Discover India with Oprah Winfrey in two-part seriesJuly 11th, 2012 - 6:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) Oprah Winfrey went to the slums, visited the Taj Mahal, socialised with Bollywood’s gliteratti and explored real India on her maiden visit to the country. Now, the international talk show queen is set to share all that in a two-part series on her show - “Oprah’s Next Chapter”.
The series will be simulcast on Discovery Channel, TLC and Discovery Channel Tamil July 20 and July 21. In the programme, Winfrey discloses the emotional link that she could feel for the people, culture, and the country.
“After 25 years I got myself out of the studio chairs. I moved into the next chapter, and I am having more fun than ever - moving around the country and the world, talking to people I’m really interested in getting to know and I think viewers will be, too,” Winfrey said in a statement.
“It is so energising to be out and about in the world exploring new people, new places and new ideas,” she added.
Winfrey has interviewed over 28,000 guests in her 25-year association with TV.
Rahul Johri, senior vice president and general manager - South Asia, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, said: “We take viewers to rediscover India with one of the most iconic TV personalities in the world. Oprah has connected with audience through her chat shows and in ‘Oprah’s Next Chapter’, she transitions to a new phase in her life.”
“Audience will see her embrace Indian culture through in-depth conversations with people from different walks of life,” added Johri.
- Slums to royalty: Oprah showcases shades of India (With Images) - Jul 22, 2012
- Oprah Winfrey's new OWN channel averaged 1 million viewers - Jan 04, 2011
- Lisa Ray to host travel show for TLC - Nov 15, 2010
- Oprah to appear on Kardashians' show - Jun 28, 2012
- Oprah Winfrey Unveils Her Television Network Details - Apr 09, 2010
- Winfrey returning as talk show host - Nov 21, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey's Fresh OWN Channel Receives An Average Of 1 Million Viewers On Its Debut - Jan 04, 2011
- Will Oprah's new TV network strike a chord with viewers? - Jan 02, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey to star in her own reality show - Apr 16, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey's OWN struggling to pull in viewers - Mar 01, 2011
- Mark Burnett Is All Set To Produce Talk Show On Oprah Winfrey Network - Sep 22, 2010
- Oprah to make her late night debut on 'Oprah Winfrey Network' - Apr 09, 2010
- Oprah issues apology for TV remark - Feb 14, 2012
- Oprah connects to Jaipur with salwar-kameez, social message (With Image) - Jan 22, 2012
- Hudson took lip injection for 'Dreamgirls' role - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: asia discovery, asia pacific, bollywood, chat shows, discover india, discovery channel, discovery networks asia, emotional link, gliteratti, indian culture, maiden visit, New Delhi, oprah winfrey, senior vice president, slums, South Asia, taj mahal, tlc, tv personalities, walks of life