‘Dirty Picture’ TV premiere stalled, Tusshar upsetApril 22nd, 2012 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 22 (IANS) The much-awaited television premiere Sunday of “The Dirty Picture”, which has an adult certification, has been stalled, one of the actors in the film has said.
The film, which is reportedly based on the story of late southern actress Silk Smitha and fetched actress Vidya Balan her first National Award, was to be shown at 12 noon and at 8 p.m. Sunday on Sony TV. However, it is not being shown Sunday, according to Tusshar Kapoor, one of the actors in the film.
Sony ran a ticker saying: “For unavoidable reasons we regret to inform that the film ‘The Dirty Picture’ will not be telecast today. Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted’.
The film also features Naseeruddin Shah and Emraan Hashmi.
“Really unfortunate that after all the necessary cuts and a valid UA certificate, The Dirty Picture could not be telecast today on Sony TV,” Tusshar tweeted.
“In light of recent events that exposed the dark side of Bollywood, ‘The Dirty Picture’ was well timed as it depicts a similar harsh reality!
“Sad that inspite of being acclaimed for it’s entertaining realism & having won 3 National Awards the regulatory forces have stalled the show,” Tusshar posted.
The film, which is replete with bold scenes, had undergone 56 cuts to enable it being shown on Indian television. It was given a UA certification for being shown on Indian television.
- 'Dirty Picture' TV premiere stalled despite cuts, Bollywood furious (Second Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Dirty Picture' TV premiere stalled, director Milan Luthria shocked (Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- Finally, 'The Dirty Picture' premieres on TV - Aug 07, 2012
- For TV, Balaji sends revised version of 'The Dirty Picture' - Jul 11, 2012
- Andhra High Court clears 'The Dirty Picture' - Dec 01, 2011
- ' 'Dirty Picture' needn't have been banned in Pakistan' - Dec 02, 2011
- 'Dirty Picture' not a formal biopic - Nov 04, 2011
- I wasn't uncomfortable with bold scenes: Vidya - Aug 30, 2011
- 'Jannat 2' director cuts liplocks for TV - Apr 24, 2012
- If kissing is a way to remember me, so be it: Emraan Hashmi (Interview) - Sep 06, 2011
- Bollywood woman power: Vidya, Ekta carry the baton - Dec 09, 2011
- 'Shanghai' to release with U/A certificate - Jun 07, 2012
- 'The Dirty Picture': Needlessly smutty (IANS Movie Review - Rating: **) - Dec 02, 2011
- Now Tusshar's turn to flaunt six-pack - Mar 26, 2012
- Big B keen to face the camera again (Movie Snippets) - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: actors, actress silk smitha, adult, amp, emraan hashmi, harsh reality, inconvenience, indian television, inspite, naseeruddin shah, national awards, realism, silk smitha, sony, sony tv, television premiere, tusshar kapoor, tv premiere, unavoidable reasons, vidya balan