Director Tarun Mansukhani flies to Miami for debut filmMarch 15th, 2008 - 2:43 pm ICT by admin
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, March 15(IANS) Debutant director Tarun Mansukhani is finally going somewhere. The cast and the crew of his movie, “Dostana”, left Friday for Miami to shoot non-stop on the beaches there. Two of the three principal actors have been rushing to complete their ongoing projects. Abhishek Bachchan has been working round-the-clock to complete the current schedule of Rakeysh Mehra’s “Dilli 6″.
Priyanka Chopra went ballistic trying to wrap up Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Fashion” before rushing off to Bangkok to shoot an ad with Saif Ali Khan. She joins the crew of “Dostana” in Miami from there.
Only John Abraham, who plays Abhishek’s best friend and flatmate in “Dostana”, was relatively free before departure. “I’ve been going crazy trying to wrap up my work here before heading to Miami with my director,” said film-maker Karan Johar, hours before leaving the country for the one-and-a-half month schedule. Karan is collaborating with his assistant Mansukhani in the movie.
“It’s at times like these that I miss my father the most. He’d have made all the pre-production work plus travel arrangements look like a cakewalk. I’m going insane trying to cope,” Karan said.
While in US, Karan also intends to finalise locations for his own directorial venture “Khan” which he intends to shoot in New York at the end of the year.
“Once we’re in US and shooting for ‘Dostana’ begins, I’ll leave my director and his team to their own devices. I’ll just be there in the background. Let me tell you, Tarun has written one of the funniest scripts I’ve ever read. It’s a very urbane kind of comedy. I don’t know what the so-called interiors are going to make of it.”
- 'Dostana 2' to finally roll - Apr 27, 2012
- Abhishek holds special screening of 'Bol Bachchan' - Jul 14, 2012
- 'Dostana 2' script locked, boys are back: Karan Johar - Dec 15, 2011
- Male pairs: Twist in the Bollywood tale - May 12, 2011
- 'Heroine' trailer crosses 2 mn hits on YouTube (Movie Snippets) - Aug 01, 2012
- Karan Johar propels newcomers into showbiz - Dec 29, 2011
- I feel like a 23-year-old says Abhishek Bachchan on his 34th birthday - Feb 05, 2010
- Abhishek Is Neck-Deep In Action Flicks - Jul 10, 2010
- I am not part of 'Dostana 2': Priyanka Chopra - Apr 10, 2011
- Abhishek to star in Dostana 2, Dhoom 3 - Jul 11, 2010
- KJo Says Ash Has Not Banned Kat For Abhishek - Sep 09, 2010
- Karan Johar chooses his directors on instinct - Jan 28, 2012
- 'Dostana 2' to go on floors next year: Karan Johar - Sep 08, 2010
- Playing myself is tough: John Abraham - Jun 09, 2009
- Farhan Akhtar running for role - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, bangkok, beaches, best friend, cakewalk, debut film, dilli, directorial venture, film maker, flatmate, flies, john abraham, mehra, mumbai, ongoing projects, principal actors, priyanka chopra, saif ali khan, subhash k jha, travel arrangements