Director confirms ‘Iron Man 3′ by 2012July 29th, 2009 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 29 (IANS) Director Jon Favreau has confirmed a third “Iron Man” film by 2012.
The filmmaker who directed the first movie and is working on the second in the superhero franchise refused to confirm a timeframe for the project, but hinted it could be completed before syperhero spin-off “The Avengers”, which is due to be released in 2012, reports contactmusic.com.
“There’s an ‘Iron Man 3′. Here’s how I know. When they make the option deals, they include ‘Iron Man 3′. So I know they’re planning on making another one,” said Favreau.
“Whether that would be before or after ‘The Avengers’ I don’t know. They’ve announced that ‘The Avengers’ is next but they pushed it back once, which I thought was encouraging,” he added.
“The Avengers” will see Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), the Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton), Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) and other Marvel Comics heroes join forces for a series of action-packed adventures.
Favreau is rumoured to be the film’s executive producer, but denies he has signed a contract.
“My involvement has yet to be determined on that project. You’re not going to know about ‘Thor’ for two years, what that really means. And ‘Captain America’, they haven’t even started prepping yet. So there’s a lot of discovery that has to take place before you can understand what ‘Avengers’ really is,” he said.
- 'The Avengers'-Ups the bar for superhero franchisee (IANS Movie Preview) - Apr 28, 2012
- Mark Ruffalo in 'late-stage talks' to star as 'The Hulk' - Jul 15, 2010
- Mark Ruffalo is the new 'Incredible Hulk' - Jul 27, 2010
- 'Iron Man 3' in turmoil, director walks out - Dec 18, 2010
- Agnee creates Hindi anthem for 'The Avengers' - Mar 23, 2012
- 'Avengers' to release in India before US - Dec 08, 2011
- Brawn mania: Feast of superhero outings this summer - Jan 25, 2011
- Downey Jr Injured on sets of 'Iron Man 3' - Aug 17, 2012
- Norton not keen on superhero roles - Aug 14, 2012
- Avengers trailer released - Oct 12, 2011
- Shooting for 'Iron Man 2' was trying process: Robert Downey Jr. - May 08, 2010
- Eva Longoria Parker to join upcoming 'Avengers' movie? - Jul 28, 2010
- Mark Ruffalo Playing Hulk In 'The Avengers', Confirmed - Jul 25, 2010
- 'Iron Man 2' will be bigger, brighter, louder, sexier, stronger, claims director - Apr 21, 2010
- Shane Black to helm 'Iron Man 3'? - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: avengers, captain america, director jon, edward norton, executive producer, filmmaker, franchise, hulk, incredible hulk, iron man film, iron man robert downey, iron man robert downey jr, jon favreau, marvel comics heroes, nick fury, robert downey, robert downey jr, samuel l jackson, thor, timeframe