Director Bruce Willis sued for walking off $20m movie setFebruary 28th, 2009 - 11:59 am ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 28 (ANI): Bruce Willis is being sued by a production house which claims that the actor walked off the set of a 20-million dollar movie he was supposed to helm, leaving his financiers up the creek.
The Hollywood star was, apparently, signed on to direct Three Stories About Joan, starring Owen Wilson and Camilla Belle, for Foresight Unlimited for a fee of 196,404 dollars, says the suit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.
Giving no logic, Willis one day “abruptly and without notice terminated his services as director for personal reasons and walked off the set,” the complaint states.
As damages from the Die Hard actor, Foresight wants at least 4 million dollars, reports E! Online.
Willis attorney has dubbed the suit “absurd,” telling TMZ.com the film shut down because the producers had no money. (ANI)
- Bruce Willis sued for allegedly walking off the set - Feb 28, 2009
- ''Three Stories About Joan'' lawsuit frivolous, says Bruce Willis rep - Mar 03, 2009
- Bruce Willis files counter-suit against ''Joan'' producers breach-of-contractcase - Mar 06, 2009
- Britney agrees to pay to end lawsuit - Feb 18, 2012
- Nicolas Cage sued over pay dispute - Jul 01, 2011
- Bruce Willis wants stained rug lawsuit dismissed - Jul 20, 2010
- Bruce Willis to star in 'American Assassin' - Sep 08, 2012
- Bruce Willis escapes unhurt in an escalator accident - Oct 06, 2010
- Lohan sued for unpaid limo bill - Oct 09, 2011
- Legal trouble for Longoria's restaurant - Nov 23, 2011
- Owen Wilson welcomes a baby boy! - Jan 15, 2011
- Charlie Sheen 'to play CIA agent in Expendables 2' - Nov 03, 2010
- Christina Ricci finds new love - Feb 05, 2012
- Lauryn Hill sued by fashion consultant - Sep 27, 2011
- Willis sues rubber company - Nov 22, 2008
Tags: angeles superior court, bruce willis, camilla belle, complaint states, damages, die hard, e online, financiers, foresight, helm, hollywood, hollywood star, logic, los angeles superior court, million dollars, money, owen wilson, personal reasons, producers