Director Blake Edwards diesDecember 17th, 2010 - 6:14 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Dec 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Renowned director Blake Edwards has passed away. The “Pink Panther” and “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” director died on Wednesday from complications from pneumonia. He was 88 years old.
During his lifetime, Edwards was involved with more than 40 films. The director had his fair share of success and disappointments. The director became a world renowned director after his extraordinary work in the comedy, “Pink Panther”. The success of the movie compelled the director to come up with more follow ups of the movie.
His was actively involved in movie making for more than 70 years. He married British singer, Julie Andrews in 1969 and remained married to her until his death. Julie was on the bedside of Edwards during his last hours.
The pair had 5 children. Three of the children were from their previous marriages while the other two were adopted from Vietnam. The marriage between Edwards and Julie which lasted for 41 years was one of the longest in the history Hollywood marriages.
Edwards never had the best of relationships with some studio executives. He was most of the time on the wrong side with them but nonetheless, he managed to win an honorary Oscar award in 2004.
- "Pink Panther" Director Blake Edwards Passes Away At 88 - Dec 17, 2010
- Director Blake Edwards dies from pneumonia aged 88 - Dec 17, 2010
- Jeff Koons' $30 million Pink Panther sculpture to be auctioned - Mar 14, 2011
- I'm humbled, says Shabana after Padma Bhushan - Jan 25, 2012
- Second man on moon files for divorce - Jun 17, 2011
- Oscar Winning Actress Patricia Neal Dies Age 84 - Aug 09, 2010
- India tops in childhood flu-linked pneumonia deaths - Nov 11, 2011
- Neil Diamond to wed third time - Sep 08, 2011
- Happy Birthday Sandra Bullock - Jul 26, 2012
- Helena Bonham Carter insists Tim Burton should be knighted - Jan 04, 2011
- Johannesburg's Wanderers Test to go pink - Nov 17, 2011
- Elizabeth Edwards' Will Has Nothing For John Edwards - Jan 07, 2011
- Elizabeth Edwards' health deteriorates - Dec 07, 2010
- British gays not interested in marriage law - Jun 08, 2012
- Legendary film director Sidney Lumet dies at 86 - Apr 10, 2011
Tags: blake edwards, breakfast at tiffany, british singer, comedy, disappointments, fair share, follow ups, hollywood marriages, honorary oscar, julie andrews, last hours, lifetime, oscar award, pink panther, pneumonia, renowned director, studio executives, ups, vietnam, wrong side