Director Abhishek Kapoor doesn’t believe in weekend businessJune 28th, 2012 - 1:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) From silver and golden jubilees, the business of Bollywood films has shrunk to the first three days collections at the box office, and filmmakers are opting for aggressive marketing to create a strong buzz before the release of their films. But director Abhishek Kapoor begs to differ.
“I don’t look at the weekend business, I have faith that people will come to see the movie,” Abhishek told IANS.
After entertaining audiences with National Award winning “Rock On!!”, Kapoor is shooting his net film “Kai Po Che”, an adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s “3 Mistakes Of My Life”.
The director says it is hard to fool the audience.
“We can’t fool the audience. The perception that people will spend money to come and watch the film, and we will recover all the money through it, is wrong,” he added.
“Kai Po Che” features Sushant Singh Rajput, Amit Sadh and Rajkumar Yadav. The film is slated for release January next year.
- Amrita Puri calls Abhishek real star of 'Kai Po Che' - Jul 13, 2012
- 'Kai Po Che!' to release in January 2013 (With Image) - May 18, 2012
- It's bad scripts that Raj Kumar Yadav avoids - Jul 12, 2012
- Cricketer Shaun Tait to make Bollywood debut? - Sep 10, 2012
- Now I know why Chetan Bhagat is famous: Amrita Puri (Movie Snippets) - Jul 09, 2012
- I survived because of TV, so I respect it: Amit Sadh - Jul 11, 2012
- Bollywood needs fresh talent: Director Abhishek Kapoor (Interview) - Jun 29, 2012
- I like taking risks, says Sushant Singh Rajput - Jul 13, 2012
- Proving yourself biggest challenge: Suraj Jagan (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2012
- Sushant Singh Rajput in movie version of '3 Mistakes Of My Life'? - Apr 30, 2012
- Medium not important for Sushant Singh Rajput (TV Snippets) (With Images) - Aug 03, 2012
- Recognise desi beauties, not foreigners: Abhishek - May 18, 2012
- Kite flying - old passion finds new celluloid expression - Jun 30, 2012
- Young India wants jobs, girls, social status: Chetan Bhagat - Aug 06, 2012
- 'The 3 Mistakes of my Life' movie gets Gujarati title (Movie Snippets) - Apr 09, 2012
Tags: abhishek kapoor, adaptation, aggressive marketing, amit sadh, audience, audiences, bollywood films, box office, business new, buzz, chetan bhagat, collections, kai, New Delhi, perception, rajkumar, rajput, sushant singh, weekend business, yadav