Dion blames showbiz drug culture for Houston’s deathMarch 5th, 2012 - 10:15 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, March 5 (IANS) Singer Celine Dion says late singer Whitney Houston’s talent was “an inspiration” but she had been dragged down by drugs and bad decisions.
“It’s just really unfortunate that drugs, bad people, bad influences took over. It took over her dreams, her love and her motherhood,” mirror.co.uk quoted the 43-year-old as saying.
“When you think about Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe and Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse… time after time we lose people taking pills to perform, taking pills to wake up and taking pills to go to bed. I’m scared of showbusiness,” she added.
- Drug abuse part of Hollywood's heritage: Mahesh Bhatt - Feb 13, 2012
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Whitney's mother Cissy not happy with the funeral arrangements - Feb 15, 2012
- Winehouse bought crack cocaine before death, says peddler - Aug 01, 2011
- Whitney Houston lands posthumous Guinness record - Sep 07, 2012
- Celine Dion goes topless - Aug 25, 2012
- Celebs condole Whitney Houston's death - Feb 12, 2012
- Reg Traviss devastated after Winehouse's death - Aug 08, 2011
- Celine shows her healthy Baby bump - Sep 04, 2010
- New tapes could reveal mystery behind Marilyn Monroe's death - Apr 27, 2011
- Lady Gaga's website hacked - Jul 17, 2011
- Amy looked like superstar on her funeral - Sep 19, 2011
- Houston's secret 'son' to get share in wealth - Feb 26, 2012
- Elvis Presley's pill bottles, Marilyn Monroe's mirror up for sale - May 28, 2009
- Michael Jackson's Swarovski glove up for grabs - Aug 17, 2010
Tags: amy winehouse, bad decisions, celine dion, dreams, drug culture, drugs, elvis presley, inspiration, love, marilyn monroe, michael jackson, mirror, motherhood, showbiz, showbusiness, singer celine dion, singer whitney houston, taking pills, time after time, whitney houston