Dino Morea plans to launch brother as directorSeptember 28th, 2008 - 10:21 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 28 (IANS) Bollywood actor Dino Morea, who recently started his own production house called Clockworks, says he plans to launch his younger brother as a director to fulfil his grandfather’s wish.”My grandfather used to watch a lot of films and he always wanted my younger brother to become a director. And he had this dream that my younger brother would one day become a big director. He said this to my father before his death and my father asked my brother to get into films,” Dino told IANS in an interview.
Dino’s brother Santino, who is also a model, is currently assisting director Karan Johar.
“I want my brother to learn about filmmaking and be a good director. That’s why he is with Karan, who is a good director. And once he learns about it properly, I will be launching him in a big way,” Dino said.
“We are planning a big movie, which he (Santino) will be directing. The story will revolve on what my grandfather was and my father might play a small role in it,” the actor added.
But Santino’s film won’t be Dino’s first project as producer. He plans to foray into film production with an adaptation of a successful play from Britain by theatre director Pravesh Kumar. And Pravesh has been signed on as director for Dino’s film too.
Asked about the status of the film, the actor-producer said: “We are looking for tie-ups with presenters. Once that is done, we will go (ahead) with the film.”
Has Kareena Kapoor been roped in for his maiden production?
“I have a wish list of people, but nothing has been finalised. We will be starting with the pre-production; once we are through with the tie-ups, then everything will be finalised.
“Director Pravesh Kumar, who is abroad, is also expected by next month and then we will take a call on the casting,” Dino said.
The actor, who has worked in films like “Raaz” and “Holiday” has big plans for his Clockworks, but said he would take one step at a time.
“We will start with one film and then slowly increase the number of our productions in a year. I aim to have at least 10 films in a year later,” Dino said.
After turning producer, Dino said he’s become more selective about signing movies as an actor.
“I will be signing films with big banners only. Big banners have a good network and their films are marketed and distributed well. There is no point in doing a good film that people never get to see. I will do films that get released with at least 500 prints,” he quipped.
And he maintains that he will manage playing the dual role well.
He said: “Though I have opened a production company to produce films, my priority will be both acting and production.”
Any plans to act in the films he produces?
“I might be there in some of them,” he replied.
- 'With Karan Johar till I'm kicked out' - Sep 11, 2010
- 'Jism 2' TV promos will be toned down: Dino - Jul 02, 2012
- Cannes invites Onir to attend Producers Network - Mar 20, 2012
- Karan Johar propels newcomers into showbiz - Dec 29, 2011
- We need to break ground with new ideas: Director Dibakar Banerjee (Interview) - Jun 08, 2012
- Karan Johar signs Marathi composers for 'Agneepath' remake - Jan 18, 2011
- 'SOTY' huge responsibility for Karan Johar - Aug 12, 2012
- Third Generation Of Deol Family To Enter Bollywood! - Jan 08, 2011
- Salman Khan tops Sunny Leone's co-star wish list - Aug 06, 2012
- '3 Idiots' team praises Aamir's show (Movie Snippets) - May 10, 2012
- No 'Bigg Boss' for Dino Morea - Aug 25, 2011
- Dino Morea plans to tie the knot - Dec 14, 2009
- I enjoy being with Lara: Dino Morea - Dec 08, 2008
- David Dhawan’s Son To Debut In Karan Johar Film - Nov 27, 2010
- Kareena, Imran pairing USP of 'Ek Main...': Karan - Dec 15, 2011