Diddy’s assault victim doesn’t want him to face jailNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:29 am ICT by admin
However, Acevedo’s attorney Mark Heller has now revealed that his client wants to withdraw his complaint.
Steven Acevedo “is not a vindictive, mean spirited individual. He is not motivated to propel Sean Combs into jail,” The New York Daily News quoted Heller, as saying.
According to the sources, the two men allegedly traded insults over Acevedo’s ex-girlfriend, who is dating Combs.
They also said that during the enquiry, Acevedo told cops, a member of Combs’ entourage boasted, “We won’t shoot you. You can even hold our guns”.
However, no weapon was displayed, and no witnesses saw a gun.
The sources also added that Acevedo filed a police report, which could lead to Combs being arrested and issued a desk appearance ticket for misdemeanour assault.
Combs’ attorney Benjamin Brafman has now revealed that the two men are interested in out-of-court settlement.
Heller also said that his 31-year-old client was not out to make a quick buck.
He said that if the Manhattan district attorney requires him to testify in a case against Combs, “he will have no choice but to fulfill his duty”.
Police sources have revealed that the issue would likely be settled privately, with Acevedo taking back his complaint. (ANI)
- Diddy's assault victim may now have to face jail - Nov 14, 2007
- Did Diddy's double blow leave 'acquaintance with a bloody nose? - Nov 14, 2007
- Diddy shocks Chris Gethard with fake gun, Tic Tacs, lip balm, strippers - Jan 17, 2011
- Embattled IMF chief could be released on bail pending deal - May 19, 2011
- Prosecutors move to drop charges against Strauss-Kahn - Aug 23, 2011
- Sean Combs aka Diddy's record label Bad Boy Entertainment sued for age discrimination - Sep 04, 2010
- P. Diddy to be sued for $1 trillion - Jan 29, 2011
- Lopez applauds ex P Diddy's performance - Mar 13, 2011
- Diddy to be charged with assault - Nov 14, 2007
- IMF chief to defend himself against sex charges - May 16, 2011
- Diddy sued for $1 trillion, blamed for 9/11 - Jan 29, 2011
- Jay-Z throws big b-day bash for wife Beyonce - Sep 08, 2010
- IMF chief jailed on Rikers Island without bail - May 17, 2011
- Ex-IMF chief Strauss Kahn's court hearing postponed - Jul 12, 2011
- Indian-American treats wife as slave; gets away with probation - May 24, 2012
Tags: assault victim, benjamin brafman, court settlement, diddy, duty police, entourage, face jail, insults, manhattan district attorney, misdemeanour, new york daily news, police report, police sources, told cops, two men, vindictive, york daily news