Did Lady Gaga become bankrupt with her latest tour?May 31st, 2011 - 9:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, May 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The “Monster Ball” tour proved to be very costly for pop singer Lady Gaga. Her choice of outfits for the tour took a deep chunk out of her fortune.
After the tour, Lady Gaga reportedly grossed about $125 million from the 200 performances that she played throughout the world. During an interview with the Financial Times, Gaga gave details about how she realized that she has ran herself into “bankruptcy” with the organization of the show.
She said that, “…I actually went bankrupt after the first extension of the ‘Monster Ball’. And it was funny because I didn’t know! And I remember I called everybody and said, ‘Why is everyone saying I have no money? This is ridiculous, I have five number one singles’ — and they said, ‘Well, you’re $3 million in debt.’”
She told the newspaper that she realized her ways wasn’t helping her so she made some changes and adjustments and eventually got out of debt. Gaga is also a big helper of her family. She told the newspaper that she bought a heart valve for her father and a Rolls Royce for her parents.
The singer recently released her latest album “Born This Way.”
- Lady Gaga to meet fans picked from the crowd - Feb 08, 2012
- Lady Gaga meets lady boys in Bangkok - May 26, 2012
- Gaga goes topless to promote tour - Feb 12, 2012
- Gaga finds dancing tough on her body - May 13, 2012
- Stingy Gaga! - Apr 19, 2012
- Lady Gaga's Monster Ball Tour To Earn $200 Million - Aug 21, 2010
- People are trying to destroy me: Lady Gaga - Apr 26, 2011
- Lady Gaga to appear on Ellen DeGeneres show - Apr 25, 2011
- Gaga reduces drinking - Sep 05, 2012
- Gaga to tour in 2012 - Jun 12, 2011
- Gaga's gifts boyfriend stray cat - Apr 08, 2012
- Lady Gaga's G-string exposed during performance in Las Vegas - Mar 28, 2011
- Lady Gaga to play Amy Winehouse? - Aug 06, 2011
- Scantily-clad Lady Gaga brings NY traffic to a halt - Feb 22, 2011
- Gaga highest earning female singer - Dec 15, 2011