Did David Copperfield offer $2m to get rape charges dropped?November 14th, 2007 - 2:50 am ICT by admin
According to the friend, Copperfield invited the 21-year-old to a “lavish party” at his place in the Bahamas on July 27. But to her horror, ‘there was no party - and no other guests’.
“She got nervous and wanted to go home right away, but David convinced her to stay, saying she could leave the next day if she really wanted to,” the New York Daily News quoted the friend, as saying.
That night, Copperfield forced himself on the woman, “down on the bed, leaving her with terrible bruises”.
“She told me she fought back. But she said that just seemed to turn him on more,’ the friend said.
“After Copperfield had finished with her and left to clean off, the young woman had the presence of mind to use her cell phone to take photos of the crime scene,” according to the tab. “In order to preserve physical evidence, she says she didn’t shower. The next day, she went back home to Seattle, where her mother met her at the airport.
“They drove straight to the Harborview Medical Center, where medical personnel performed a ‘rape kit’ on her,” the friend added.
Agents from Seattle’s FBI office later organised a sting operation, asking the woman to email Copperfield and planning a meeting in Las Vegas, the friend said.
On Oct. 18, FBI agents searched the illusionist’s prop storehouse and confiscated digi cam equipment and a system hard disk
However, on Oct 24, FBI agents refuted reports that they seized the amount from Copperfield’s home during a raid.
However, the magician has declined to comment on the issue.
“We are respecting the process of the investigation and the confidentiality that surrounds it,” he said.
Copperfield’s attorney Richard Schonfeld said that his client’s reputation speaks for his innocence.
“We won’t address any investigative aspects. David never forced himself on anybody. His reputation speaks for itself,’ he said. (ANI)
- Sexual assault lawsuit against David Copperfield dropped - Apr 21, 2010
- David Copperfield sued for alleged assault - Aug 20, 2009
- David Copperfield accuser - Lacey Carroll is charged with prostitution - Jan 29, 2010
- David Copperfield Mesmerizes Audience At The Finale Of "America's Got Talent" - Sep 16, 2010
- Indian wins magicians' 'Oscar' - Jun 04, 2011
- Woman Alleging David Copperfield Of Rape Arrested For False Accusation - Jan 28, 2010
- Magic can predict future, spread social messages: Indian magician (With Image) - Jun 10, 2011
- David Blaine Is Expecting His First Baby - Oct 04, 2010
- 'David Copperfield is a complete gentleman,' says lawyer - Nov 14, 2007
- PETA 'might face lawsuit over naked models ad' - Oct 25, 2010
- Rana betrayed by Headley, says his attorney - May 23, 2011
- FBI Questions Milton McGregor In Cam Newton Case - Nov 18, 2010
- Woman drugged, raped by friend - Oct 06, 2011
- British rapist jailed after 26 years - Jan 29, 2012
- Magician David Blaine to become a father - Sep 17, 2010
Tags: charges dropped, david copperfield, digi cam, email, fbi office, fought back, harborview medical center, illusionist, lavish party, national enquirer, new york daily news, physical evidence, presence of mind, rape charges, rape kit, refuted reports, schonfeld, sting operation, woman down, york daily news