Did Benazir die because she bought jinxed apartment in Manhattan?April 25th, 2008 - 1:58 pm ICT by admin
New York, Apr 25 (ANI): One of the first owners of a penthouse apartment in New Yorks Manhattan area has said that former Pakistan premier Benazir Bhutto died because she had bought a jinxed apartment, which has a dark and mysterious history, in as much as who ever bought it met a tragic end.
Seema Boesky, the ex-owner of the apartment, said that one potential buyer dropped the idea of buying the apartment at the close of the deal, only because he felt afraid he would meet the same fate.
Two persons decided to finally buy it, one after the other. The first died before buying the property and the other Benazir Bhutto was killed a year after buying the penthouse, The News quoted Seema Boesky as saying in her article titled The Cursed Apartment published in The Wag magazine.
Belair Apartments, a 42-storey building that houses the Bhutto-Zardari penthouse, is located on 524-E, 72nd street between York Avenue and the FDR drive.
My first buyer dropped dead at the closing. The second, with contract in hand, bolted down 47 flight of stairs, never to be heard from again, Seema writes in her article.
Recalling her deal with Benazir, the final buyer of the penthouse, she said that first her husband Asif Ali Zardari took a round of the apartment, and after some days Benazir herself came to visit it.
Seema writes, a stunning woman with an engaging smile rang my doorbell. She took a full tour, including closets, and was very complimentary. I love what youve done here. Your colour sense and style sensibility is much like mine, she quoted Benazir as saying.
She spoke of the vibrancy of New York City and how she enjoyed visiting. She took an interest in my family photos too, and, seeing pictures of my children, she commented that hers were in schools elsewhere so would not be living in the apartment, Seema further writes about Ms Bhuttos visit to the apartment.
We rode down the elevator together, and before bidding me farewell, she mentioned it was nice meeting me and felt we shared similar family values, writes Seema, the ex-wife of Ivan Boesky, the notorious Wall Street figure who became a household name in the US in the 1980s after paying 100 million dollars to settle insider-trading charges and serving two years in prison.
Driving home, I thought how much I liked her and hoped this couple would ultimately make the purchase. A few days later, they made an acceptable offer. I remember thinking how silly my broker was for believing my apartment was jinxed, she recalls. (ANI)
- Frank Sinatra's New York penthouse up for sale - Aug 03, 2012
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Aniston sells NY apartments at loss - Apr 21, 2012
- Next government can approach Swiss courts: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Poetry was way of making sense of the madness: Fatima Bhutto (Interview) - Sep 09, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Contempt notice against Gilani challenged - Jan 17, 2012
- Now, Gaga has a pad in London - Feb 02, 2012
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- Zardari said Mehsud not behind Benazir's killing: WikiLeaks - Dec 04, 2010
- Pakistani leaders harp on US apology for NATO air strike (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Zardari donates blood - Jun 22, 2011
- Ahead of Zardari visit, Ajmer's khadims remember Benazir - Apr 08, 2012
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
Tags: 524 e 72nd street, benazir bhutto, boesky, closets, colour sense, doorbell, elevator, family photos, farewell, fdr, flight of stairs, manhattan area, manhattan new york, mysterious history, new yorks, penthouse apartment, stunning woman, two persons, wag, zardari