Did Adolf Hitlers ghost cause runaway tank fiasco on Valkyrie set?December 16th, 2008 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 16 (ANI): Filmmaker Bryan Singer feared that Adolf Hitlers ghost had taken over his Valkyrie set after a runaway tank threatened to destroy thousands of dollars worth of sound and camera equipment.
While shooting a scene with Tom Cruise in Cougar Buttes in California, a tank was getting out-of-control and to avoid the container from crashing the equipment a stuntman had to be called in.
Singer reckons that Hitler was behind the controls of the armored vehicle.
“We had one tank that malfunctioned and it started rolling on its own. It started rolling towards the camera equipment and nothing was stopping it because its a tank and its meant to roll over camera crews and other things in its way, Contactmusic quoted him, as saying.
“A very brave guy crawled in it and worked the brake system and got it to stop. Maybe the ghost of Hitler was in there!” the director added.
In the new film, Cruise plays a real-life German officer who led an assassination attempt on Hitler. (ANI)
- Hitler's last surviving bodyguard stops replying to fan mail - Jan 28, 2011
- Runaway Armored Car Smashes Into Garage of Home - Jan 14, 2011
- A Bollywood first - film about Hitler and Nazi Germany - Jun 08, 2010
- 'Valkyrie' director all praise for 'Slumdog Millionaire' - Jan 23, 2009
- A Bollywood first - film about Hitler and Nazi Germany (Lead) - Jun 08, 2010
- Pitt denies tagging Cruise's 'Valkyrie' a 'ridiculous movie' - Aug 25, 2009
- 'Valkyrie' director gaga over Tom Cruise - Feb 10, 2009
- Meet the goldfish that looks a lot like Hitler! - Mar 22, 2011
- Eight die as truck ploughs into Brazil procession - Dec 10, 2011
- Pitt-ed against Cruise - Aug 22, 2009
- Hitler's bedsheets up for auction - Nov 25, 2011
- Toyota recalls more than 680000 vehicles over safety concerns - Mar 08, 2012
- Toyota Matrix Hogs Attention At The Chicago Auto Show - Feb 10, 2011
- Pitt's comment on 'Valkyrie' lost in translation - Aug 23, 2009
- Unseen pics reveal Hitler's colourful side - Sep 25, 2010
Tags: adolf hitlers, armored vehicle, assassination attempt on hitler, bryan singer, camera crews, camera equipment, cougar buttes, fiasco, filmmaker, german officer, ghost, new film, stuntman, tank, thousands of dollars, tom cruise