DiCaprio ‘taking singing lessons to play Frank Sinatra’May 20th, 2009 - 12:35 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 20 (ANI): Leonardo DiCaprio may get to play Frank Sinatra in a movie about the crooner - if he learns to sing, it has emerged.
The ‘Titanic’ star has reportedly hired a top vocal coach to teach him how to mimic Ol’ Blue Eyes, famed for hits including ‘New York, New York’.
According to sources, director Martin Scorsese has put DiCaprio at the top of his list to play Sinatra but insists that the actor must master the legend’s famous tones.
“Leo has hired a top vocal coach to get him sounding like Sinatra. He is a massive fan of the singer and has always wanted to play him,” the Sun quoted a source as saying.
“He would be sick to miss out on the leading role because his singing wasn’t up to scratch.
“He is now in intensive vocal coaching lessons to replicate Sinatra’s distinctive style,” the source added. (ANI)
- Leonardo DiCaprio has no plans of playing Frank Sinatra - Feb 20, 2010
- DiCaprio 'will act', Frank Sinatra 'will sing' in biopic - Feb 19, 2010
- Leonardo DiCaprio all set to play Frank Sinatra - Feb 22, 2010
- Dicaprio wants to party with Pattinson? - Aug 21, 2012
- Leonardo DiCaprio Dismisses Plans Of Playing Frank Sinatra - Feb 22, 2010
- DiCaprio, Lively to move in together? - Aug 27, 2011
- Leonardo DiCaprio wants Bar Refaeli back - Jul 23, 2012
- Alec Baldwin jealous of DiCaprio's movie career - Mar 09, 2010
- Hooded DiCaprio mistaken for thief - Sep 10, 2011
- When Nicholson pulled a gun on DiCaprio during 'The Departed' shoot - Nov 29, 2010
- DiCaprio embarrassed by 'Titanic' performance - Mar 29, 2012
- Leonardo DiCaprio 'pulls out of Mel Gibson flick' - Jul 30, 2010
- DiCaprio throws no diva tantrums when asked to seat hop thrice at theatre - May 12, 2010
- Don't talk about me: DiCaprio - Aug 13, 2012
- Grint from 'Harry Potter' to be a villain in Scorsese film - Jun 30, 2010