Diana Vickers parts ways with record labelJuly 4th, 2011 - 3:51 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 4 (IANS) British pop star Diana Vickers has parted ways with record label RCA amid creative differences.
Vickers, the semi-finalist on the fifth series of British talent show “The X Factor” in 2008, signed a deal with RCA Records in 2009.
She later enjoyed the top slot for her albums in Britain the very next year, but the partnership has now ended amid creative differences, reports contactmusic.com.
“I just want to let you know what the crack is at the moment down in the Vickers camp. Myself and RCA have decided to part company, purely based on a creative level,” said the 19-year-old in a press statement.
“I will always be really thankful for the time we’ve spent together and the support they’ve given me. But, I’ve grown up a lot since the first album and whilst the past couple years have been a lot of fun and a great success, I’m now ready to take a wander down a different, very exciting path! In order to grow, this change has to be made,” she added.
Vickers is currently working on a new album in Los Angeles.
- Paris Hilton to release new single in June - May 15, 2012
- Miley Cyrus delays wedding to finish album - Sep 08, 2012
- Gaga teams up with Lamar - Aug 16, 2012
- Lauren Alaina comes out with album Wildflower - Oct 11, 2011
- Avril Lavigne Slams 'RCA' Label in Open Letter to Fans - Nov 13, 2010
- Cheryl Cole signs deal with Will.i.am's label - Jun 12, 2010
- Andre to collaborate with Brown? - Jun 03, 2012
- RHCP to sue British pop star for plagiarism - Oct 18, 2010
- Helena Bonham Carter portrays Queen Mother's "steely wistfulness" - Nov 03, 2010
- Rapper 50 Cent threatens Interscope Records via Twitter - Jul 29, 2011
- Taylor, Bieber working together again - Jul 12, 2012
- Next 'Girls Aloud' album will be different: Roberts - Sep 05, 2011
- Mummified remains of Playboy model found at her Beverly Hills home - May 04, 2011
- Keating doesn't wish to spread heartache anymore - Aug 29, 2012
- Selena Gomez plans to come out with new album in summer - Mar 19, 2011