Dia, Prachi recall their mothers’ selfless loveMay 12th, 2012 - 1:15 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 11 (IANS) Actress Dia Mirza believes that no day is complete for her without her mother.
About the importance of her mother in her life, she said: “A mother’s love is selfless. It’s the most beautiful form of love, mother and child. A mother becomes another when she has a kid. Both the child and the mother needs to understand this. When my father died I realised how important parents are and how important is it for us to show that love.”
Television and Bollywood actress Prachi Desai also expressed her love for her mother.
“I am absolutely thankful for the mother that I have. In fact, the people who work with me and are close to me know how fortunate I am to have my mom. I don’t think any single day goes by without thinking how lucky I am to have her at my side. If I have lasted this long it’s only because of her,” Prachi said.
Both the actresses were speaking at “Thank you Mom”, a Procter and Gamble initiative here Friday.
Talking about when she missed her mother the most, Dia, a former Miss Asia Pacific pageant winner, cited the time when she won her crown.
“When I had gone for my international pageant, I was alone. I still remember the moment when I wore the crown . My parents were not there with me and I remember missing them the most in that moment. In reality, in life any precious moment, if not shared with parents is incomplete,” Dia said.
On the other hand, when Prachi got eliminated from “Jhalak Dikhla Jaa”, a celebrity dance show aired on Sony TV, she said she was grateful that her mom was with her to support her.
- Prachi, Neha thank moms for their support - May 10, 2012
- Arjun Rampal to holiday in Bali (Movie Snippets) - Jun 18, 2012
- Indore girl wins Miss Asia Pacific 2012 (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- Love your mother, say Bollywood celebs - May 12, 2012
- Soha takes piano classes, pleases mommy dearest - Apr 11, 2012
- No Bollywood plans as yet: Vasuki Sunkavalli (With Image) - Jul 18, 2011
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- India makes it to top five at Miss Asia Pacific World - Oct 16, 2011
- No ill feelings for Star Plus or '...Saathiya' team: Giaa Manek - Jun 15, 2012
- India has more beauty queens than most countries: Diana - Jun 14, 2012
- No favouritism at beauty pageants: Miss Earth Nicole Faria - Nov 14, 2011
- Beauty Queen Amin Dhillon Prefers Bollywood 'Item Numbers' - Jun 16, 2010
- Garner eyes return to action movies - Aug 27, 2012
- Preity thanks SRK, Manisha Koirala 'Dil se' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012
- Mom's tailor style to match children's steps (Mother's Day is on May 8) - May 06, 2011
Tags: actress, actresses, celebrity, desai, dia mirza, initiative, international pageant, miss asia pacific, mom, mother and child, parents, precious moment, procter and gamble, selfless love, single day, sony, sony tv, television