Dia Mirza loves classic Indian jewelleryAugust 27th, 2012 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 27 (IANS) Actress Dia Mirza reveals she has an inclination towards traditional Indian jewellery and happily sports it wherever and whichever way she can.
“If you notice the kind of jewellery I wear, it could be diamonds, uncut diamonds, it could be gold, platinum whatever. I am more attracted towards classic style. I really enjoy traditional jewellery,” the 30-year-old said here in an interview.
“So the older the piece looks, the more traditional the piece looks, the more excited it makes me,” she added.
Asked who she thinks carries the Indian jewellery in the best way in Bollywood, the name that immediately crops up in Dia’s mind is yesteryear diva Rekha.
“I think when you talk about jewellery and grace, you instantly think of Rekhaji,” said Dia, who was recently honoured as ‘Jewellery Style Icon’ of the year at Retail Jeweller India Awards 2012.
“For years, my seniors and contemporaries have always looked up at her as the quintessential icon for jewellery and style and she is the real diva,” she added.
–Indo-Asian News service
- I'm a diehard Priyanka fan: Shraddha Kapoor - Aug 03, 2011
- Kangana dazzles in Rajasthani jewellery - Aug 01, 2011
- Models showcase latest diamond jewellery - Aug 04, 2010
- Three cheers for Sachin, Rekha: Bollywood - Apr 27, 2012
- Vijay Golecha's dream; design jewellery for Rekha - Aug 01, 2011
- I want Madhubala's films, Madhuri's talent: Dia - Mar 29, 2012
- Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn my style icons: Priyanka Chopra - Sep 10, 2011
- Actress Kajal Aggarwal makes ramp debut - Aug 02, 2011
- Try a kundan choker with that gown (Feature) - Aug 09, 2011
- A new jewellery store to let you splurge (With images) - Jun 12, 2011
- Zeenat outshines Mahima at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
- Designer jewellery lures enthusiasts at an exhibition in Ludhiana - Sep 04, 2010
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Designer gives sari the Dutch touch (With Image) - Aug 16, 2012
- Men too want diamond-studded rings - Nov 09, 2010