Dia Mirza fined for undeclared goods by customsJanuary 7th, 2012 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 7 (IANS) Bollywood actress Dia Mirza was Saturday fined by customs for carrying undeclared luxury goods like cosmetics and expensive purses when she returned to Mumbai from Bangkok early Saturday, official sources said.
Mirza, 30, was stopped by the customs officials when she attempted to cross the green channel on arrival by a Thai Airways flight from Bangkok, around 2.30 a.m.
On checking her baggage, the customs officials found she was carrying the goods like cosmetics and branded purses valued at around Rs.200,000, which she had not declared.
However, Mirza claimed ignorance about the customs rules and said she had no intention to evade duties. She agreed to pay up a penalty of Rs.150,000 before she was allowed to leave.
Later, denying news reports that she was carrying undeclared jewelery, Mirza tweeted: “For those that are running unverified news about me please be informed that I was not questioned by customs for undeclared jewellery. False.”
Last year, Bollywood actresses Bipasha Basu and Minissha Lamba were similarly hauled up by the customs for carrying undeclared goods.
- Not questioned by customs: Dia Mirza - Jan 07, 2012
- Ekta Kapoor detained at airport, released - Aug 08, 2011
- I paid Rs.12,000 for excess baggage: Bipasha - May 26, 2011
- Bipasha detained at airport, pays Rs.12,000 (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Bipasha pays for excess baggage at airport (Second Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Mallika Sherawat's brother detained at Mumbai airport - Jun 07, 2011
- Minissha Lamba held at airport with undeclared jewellery - May 19, 2011
- Airport detentions on the rise for Bollywood stars - Jun 29, 2011
- Jewellery still with customs, says Minissha Lamba - Jun 03, 2011
- It is an open and shut case: Minissha - May 20, 2011
- Shobhaa De takes a dig at Cannes-returned Minissha (Movie Snippets) - May 19, 2011
- I'll go to Cannes every year now: Minissha Lamba (Interview) - May 22, 2011
- In Venice, with Shakira - big fat Indian wedding gets bigger - May 16, 2011
- 'Rang Rasiya' release in November: Mehta (Movie Snippets) - Sep 15, 2011
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012