‘Dhoom 3′ release shifted to 2013October 17th, 2011 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 17 (IANS) The release date of Yash Raj Films’ (YRF) much-awaited “Dhoom 3″ has been shifted to 2013 due to production and post-production considerations.
The movie, which is the third instalment of YRF’s popular action-adventure franchise “Dhoom”, will go on the floors November-end, said a statement issued by the production house.
The production unit anticipates “a demanding 10-11 months of intense shooting with concurrent post-production”, which will “probably be cutting it too fine for a Christmas 2012 release”. Therefore, the decision was locked by producer Aditya Chopra, director Vijay Krishna Acharya, in consultation with lead actor Aamir Khan”.
“‘Dhoom 3′ is very dear to all of us as well as to its audience who expect only the best from the franchise. While the shooting will finish in time, we expect the post-production to take much longer. We are trying our best to give one of the finest cinematic experiences to our discerning audience and therefore did not want to compromise the quality of the film just to meet the release date,” said Acharya.
The movie will see Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra reprising their roles as policemen, while Katrina Kaif has been roped in to raise the oomph in the film.
With the change in release date, the film has also co-incidentally avoided a clash with “Dabangg 2″, which is slated for a Christmas release in 2012.
- Katrina Kaif to raise oomph in 'Dhoom: 3' - Sep 23, 2011
- No delay in 'Dhoom: 3': YRF - Mar 27, 2012
- YRF hunts for fresh female lead in 'Dhoom 3' - Apr 28, 2011
- 'Dhoom 3' first Bollywood film to release in IMAX - Sep 21, 2012
- Pritam to compose for 'Dhoom 3' - Feb 14, 2011
- Uday Chopra welcomes Aamir to 'Dhoom' - Feb 05, 2011
- YRF Not To Sign Any Debutant Director In 2011 - Sep 04, 2010
- No Rajnikanth in 'Dhoom 3': YRF - Nov 01, 2010
- Pritish Nandy calls Emraan 'special actor' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- 'Dhoom 3' on the way: Abhishek Bachchan - Jun 10, 2010
- Will Shah Rukh Khan Say Yes To Dhoom 3? - Nov 22, 2010
- YRF Entertainment to produce, finance Nicole Kidman-starrer - May 19, 2012
- Whatever Aamir touches turns to gold: Uday Chopra - Jul 25, 2012
- YRF goes international, launches company in Hollywood - Nov 23, 2011
- SRK remembers late father (Movie Snippets) - Sep 19, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, abhishek bachchan, acharya, action adventure, christmas release, clash, dhoom 3, discerning audience, franchise, instalment, katrina kaif, krishna, New Delhi, oomph, policemen, production considerations, release date, uday chopra, yash raj films, yrf