‘Dhoom 2′ being remade in KannadaNovember 21st, 2008 - 5:27 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 21 (IANS) Yash Raj Films’ super hit action thriller “Dhoom 2″ is being made in Kannada and Aryan Vaid will play Hrithik Roshan’s part in the ‘unofficial’ remake. It is unofficial because “Dubai Babu”, the Kannada version of “Dhoom 2″, has neither sought not got an official go-ahead from Yash Raj Films. The film is being directed by Naganna.
“My character is as flamboyant, but much meaner and far more cold-blooded than Hrithik’s. Ash’s character is played by Nikita, while Uday Chopra’s character is played by a Kannada actor called Kumar Govind. These are fairly well-known names of the Kannada film industry while Upendra, of course, is superstar and the director Naganna is top name in the Kannada industry,” Aryan told IANS.
Aryan, replicating Hrithik’s penchant for masquerades, will be go through a series of disguises in the film.
“My get-ups are almost identical to Hrithik’s. They signed me because they wanted a good-looking villain, like Hrithik in ‘Dhoom 2′,” he added.
This isn’t the first “Dhoom 2″ rip off in the South. In Telugu, they made it as “Dubai Seenu”.
- Will Shah Rukh Khan Say Yes To Dhoom 3? - Nov 22, 2010
- Upendra steals the show in racy 'Dubai Babu' (Kannada Film Review) - May 23, 2009
- No Rajnikanth in 'Dhoom 3': YRF - Nov 01, 2010
- 'Dhoom' great franchise to be part of, says 'villain' Aamir - Feb 03, 2011
- YRF hunts for fresh female lead in 'Dhoom 3' - Apr 28, 2011
- No delay in 'Dhoom: 3': YRF - Mar 27, 2012
- Yash Raj Approaches Aamir for Dhoom 3 - Aug 21, 2010
- Pritam to compose for 'Dhoom 3' - Feb 14, 2011
- Aditya Chopra not directing 'Dhoom 3' - Nov 19, 2010
- Pritish Nandy calls Emraan 'special actor' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- Katrina Kaif to raise oomph in 'Dhoom: 3' - Sep 23, 2011
- Ranveer's multiple-look campaign dropped - Dec 09, 2011
- Don't want to only do remakes: Hrithik Roshan - Jan 13, 2012
- YRF Not To Sign Any Debutant Director In 2011 - Sep 04, 2010
- 'Pyaar Impossible' all about people's looks: Uday Chopra - Dec 28, 2009