Dhawan, Bhagnani making another comedy againAugust 11th, 2008 - 8:55 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Aug 11 (IANS) Producer Vashu Bhagnani is teaming up with director David Dhawan after a gap of three years for “Do Knot Disturb”, and promises it will be just like their past hit comedies. Bhagnani and Dhawan have earlier given hits like “Hero No. 1″ and “Biwi No. 1″.
“It (’Do Knot Disturb’) is an out-and-out comedy. Let’s not pretend about that. But it is an original idea and script. When David and I come together, we can’t fool around with people’s expectations,” Bhagnani told IANS.
Said Dhawan: “When Govinda says he has full faith in me, I get frightened. Will I be able to deliver again this time? I can’t say our film is spectacularly different from what we’ve done so far. But at the same time I must admit audiences want to see something different.
“Look at ‘Jannat’. Its success is so welcome. But I can’t do something too different with Govinda because I can’t play around with audiences’ expectations.”
Sushmita and Govinda, who came together in 2002 fiasco “Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta”, are playing the main lead in this film too.
Sushmita, who is currently busy with her home production “Rani Laxmibai” and is not taking any outside projects, made an exception for Bhagnani and Dhawan. She’s sentimental about the two because they fashioned her first hit “Biwi No 1″ with Salman Khan and Karisma Kapoor.
Apart from “Do Knot Disturb”, Bhagnani is also launching his son and has roped in director Vivek Sharma of “Bhootnath” fame to direct it.
“I’m simultaneously launching my son Jackie in Vivek Sharma’s ‘Kal Kissne Dekha’. While he will be shooting it in South Africa, I’ll be with David and the crew for ‘Do Knot Disturb’ in Delhi.”
Bhagnani doesn’t want to be looking anxiously at his son’s debut. “I’d rather be with David, Govinda and Sushmita,” he said.
- When I want to make people laugh, I work with David Dhawan: Sushmita Sen - Sep 06, 2009
- Sushmita Sen's dream project on hold 'indefinitely' - Sep 04, 2009
- Karan Johar and David Dhawan clash again after a decade - Sep 29, 2009
- 1989-2009 - David-Govinda journey from TAAQATWAR to DO KNOT DISTURB - Jun 25, 2009
- Music of Bollywood film 'Do Knot Disturb' released in Mumbai - Aug 26, 2009
- Comedy is undervalued in Bollywood: David Dhawan - Oct 19, 2009
- Dhawan, Govinda make a comeback after 2-years with 'Do Knot Disturb' - Sep 15, 2009
- FEATURE: Do Knot Disturb to Wake Up Sid - Oct 02, 2009
- David, Govinda reunite for another laugh riot - Jun 17, 2009
- 'Kyaa Super Kool...' not for high-brows, says Ekta - Jul 10, 2012
- I never thought my son could be an actor: Vashu Bhagnani - Feb 21, 2009
- David Dhawan walks the ramp with Sushmita Sen - Jun 14, 2009
- Govinda is David Dhawan's Partner No. 1 - Sep 26, 2009
- Good movie needs emotional director: David Dhawan - Jul 31, 2009
- BIG Pictures' next - DO KNOT DISTURB gets unveiled at IIFA 2009 - Jun 12, 2009