Dharmendra hopes ‘Chamku’ will be as entertaining as ‘Apne’July 30th, 2008 - 4:33 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 30 (IANS) Legendary actor Dharmendra, who along with his two sons Sunny and Bobby Deol attended the music launch of their soon to be released film “Chamku”, hopes their new offering will be as entertaining as “Apne”. “We are proud to present ‘Chamku’ as our new film and I hope it entertains the audience as ‘Apne’ did,” Dharmendra told reporters on the sidelines of the function here Tuesday.
“Vijayta Films has always stood for giving the audience wholesome entertainment, be it ‘Betaab’, ‘Barsaat’, ‘Socha Naa Tha’ or ‘Apne’. All our films were accepted warm heartedly by the audience and I accept the same for ‘Chamku’,” he added.
Monty Sharma of “Saawariya” fame has scored the music for the film which stars Bobby and Priyanka Chopra in the lead along with Irrfan Khan, Akhilendra Mishra, Ninad Kamat and Aarya Babbar. “Chamku” will hit the theatres Aug 22.
“Giving music for the film was very challenging as it is not a romantic film. I had to take special care to give music according to various moods in the film,” said Monty.
Speaking about his character, Bobby said: “I play a character named Chandrama Singh alias Chamku who is brought up by Naxalites in southern Bihar after his family is brutally murdered. The film is basically about his experience and how different circumstances lead to various changes in his life.”
Priyanka, who has already done three films with Bobby, said: “Bobby is one of the most comfortable actors to work with and I am very happy to work with him for the fourth time.”
About her character, she added: “It is a very simple and down to earth film. There is no glamour element in it and my role is also very simple. I play a school teacher who is the daughter of a rich man. But she chooses to be a teacher because she wants to serve the society. My character is so simple that for the first time I have worn mostly saris in the film.”
The function was also attended by Bhushan Kumar and Divya Khosla of T-Series and lyricist Sameer. However, director Kabir Kaushik was conspicuous by his absence.
- I am Sunny's third son: Bobby Deol - Dec 24, 2010
- Bobby Deol: A Roller Coaster Journey May End Up With 'Thank You' In 2011 - Jan 27, 2011
- I try to maintain my privacy: Dharmendra (Interview) - Oct 27, 2011
- Music of Bollywood film ''Chamku'' released in Mumbai - Jul 30, 2008
- Yamla Pagla Deewana Brings Back Father-Sons Duo - Nov 20, 2010
- If 'Yamla...' does well, will bring its sequel: Sunny Deol - Jan 09, 2011
- Preview Of 'Yamla Pagla Deewana': Deols Will Rock This Time! - Jan 13, 2011
- Potpouri of hits - Top 10 Bollywood movies (2011 in Retrospect) (To go with Bollywood went from gloom to glory) - Dec 15, 2011
- Dharmendra: A ‘He Man’ Cannot Afford To Be Old! - Dec 30, 2010
- Deols set to create 'Apne' magic with 'Yamla Pagla...' (Movie Preview) - Jan 10, 2011
- Sunny is the most handsome sardar in the industry: Dharmendra - Nov 25, 2010
- Lack of promotion killed 'Lanka': Manoj Bajpayee - Dec 15, 2011
- Dharmendra To Recreate 'Sholay' Magic In Yamla Pagla Deewana - Nov 10, 2010
- I'm very scared of dad Dharmendra: Sunny Deol (Interview) - Dec 20, 2010
- Face to Face with Bobby Deol - Aug 16, 2010
Tags: aarya, actor dharmendra, babbar, bhushan kumar, bobby deol, dharmendra, divya, irrfan khan, kamat, khosl, legendary actor, music launch, naxalites, ninad, priyanka chopra, romantic film, socha, southern bihar, three films, wholesome entertainment