Dev saab was very fond of classical music: LataDecember 4th, 2011 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 4 (IANS) Bollywood’s Nightingale Lata Mangeshkar remembers Dev Anand as a man who was very fond of classical music, had a zest for life and never looked back or regretted anything.
“He was a very lively person. He was an amazing person. He continued working despite his age and the changing conditions in the film industry. Sometimes he used call me and used to share his work. He never looked back. He had no regrets. He used to say, ‘I never give up. I work because it keeps a person going.’ This spirit in his personality was amazing,” Lata, told new channel Times Now, adding that he remained constantly in touch with her.
“Dev saab was fond of classical music. In fact, all three brothers (Chetan Anand, Dev Anand and Vijay Anand) were very fond of classical music. They used to organise programmes. He used to invite us at his place for the performances. He used to hear classical music with great passion,” she added.
Dev Anand, known for all time classic “Guide”, died of hearth attack Sunday in a hotel in London. His son was with him. He was 88.
- Birthday wishes for Dev Anand from B-Town - Sep 26, 2011
- Dev Anand's leading ladies remember their 'hero' - Dec 06, 2011
- Bollywood who's who descends for 'Hum Dono' in colour - Feb 04, 2011
- I am far removed from worldly matters: Lata - Sep 29, 2011
- Lata remembers veteran Marathi composer Khale - Sep 04, 2011
- Lata Mangeshkar joins Javed Akhtar's fight for copyright - May 20, 2012
- Dev saab's spirit, optimism inspiring: Bhandarkar - Dec 04, 2011
- Dev got too involved with himself: Waheeda Rehman - Dec 06, 2011
- He called me 'Bharat Ratna': Lata remembers Bhimsen Joshi - Jan 26, 2011
- Anil Mohile's son regrets not being with him in his last hours (With Image) - Feb 06, 2012
- Dev Anand no more, film fraternity says 'abhi na jao chodkar' - Dec 04, 2011
- Lata at leisure loves watching 'KBC', 'CID' - Oct 22, 2010
- Dev Anand: Bollywood's very own Peter Pan says adieu (Obituary) - Dec 04, 2011
- Maharashtra politicos condole Bhimsen Joshi's death - Jan 24, 2011
- Fans mourn Dev Anand's demise - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: bollywood, chetan anand, classical music, dev anand, film industry, hearth, hotel in london, lata mangeshkar, lively person, mumbai, nightingale, no regrets, passion, personality, saab, spirit, vijay anand, zest for life