Dev Patel still uses public transport to commuteJune 2nd, 2009 - 12:36 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 2 (ANI): Despite rising to international stardom, Slumdog Millionaire star Dev Patel prefers to live a low-key life and travels by public transport.
The 18-year-old’s performance in the Oscar wining film has earned him a host of honours - including a British Independent Film Award, a Chicago Film Critics Association Award, and two Black Reel Awards for Best Actor and Best Breakthrough Performance.
However, he doesn’t let the fame go to his head as he uses London’s underground tube trains to commute.
“I’ve been meeting all these people I’ve watched for years on TV, and they actually know who I am,” Contactmusic quoted Patel as saying.
“The other day I jumped on the tube, and all the faces in the carriage turned my way. I can’t get used to that, man. I’m still pretty much a normal kid.”
And he’s been following Slumdog director Danny Boyle’s advice.
“Danny said to take each day at a time, not to let it overwhelm me, and just be myself,” he added. (ANI)
- I was nervous about 'The Best Exotic...' weighty cast: Dev Patel (With Images) - May 14, 2012
- Dev Patel takes public transport to stay grounded - Jun 02, 2009
- 'Slumdog...' experience best for Freida - Aug 15, 2011
- Rahman's 'If I Rise' nominated for WSA - Aug 25, 2011
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Rahman wins Best Original Song Award in Los Angles - Jan 15, 2011
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- Rahman in Oscar run again with two nominations for '127 Hours' - Jan 25, 2011
- Dev Patel Is Not Engaged To Frieda Pinto - Jul 02, 2010
- Rahman loses out on Globe Globe (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Hollywood racist for Asians, says Dev Patel - Aug 10, 2010
- Rahman to perform at Oscars again - Feb 05, 2011
- Golden Globe nomination blessing beyond words: Rahman - Dec 15, 2010
- Resul Pookutty wanted to win a Physics Nobel prize - Nov 27, 2010
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
Tags: best actor, breakthrough performance, chicago film critics, chicago film critics association, day at a time, director danny boyle, faces, fame, film award, honours, independent film, international stardom, key life, london, millionaire, public transport, reel awards, travels, tube trains