Dev Anand’s funeral probably over weekendDecember 6th, 2011 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 6 (IANS) Dev Anand’s wife and daughter will be leaving for London Tuesday night but the funeral will take place only Dec 9 or 10, his close associate said.
“Dev saab died on Dec 3 and his body was taken to a morgue. There is a rule according to which the body is released after seven days. So most probably his funeral will take place on Dec 9 or Dec 10,” Mohan Churiwala, who had been with the legendary actor for two decades, told IANS.
Dev Anand died of cardiac arrest Dec 3 in London. He was 88. His son Suniel Anand was with him.
Dev Anand’s wife Mona Anand (screen name Kalpana Kartik) and daughter Devina are flying to London from Mumbai for the last rites. Devina’s daughter Gina is staying back in Mumbai.
“After the funeral, there will be a condolence meet here in Mumbai. It will be organised at the Mehboob Studio. It is being organised there because of the sentimental reasons. The studio has his personal make room and which has been kept just like that. It still has his costumes, his make up kit, etc,” said Churiwala.
The family would be placing a notice in the papers about the details of the condolence meeting once the date is finalised, he said.
- Dev Anand's ashes immersed in Godavari - Dec 14, 2011
- Memorial service for Dev Anand Friday - Dec 13, 2011
- Legendary actor Dev Anand passes away in London - Dec 04, 2011
- Evergreen actor Dev Anand dies in London - Dec 04, 2011
- President, vice president, PM condole Dev Anand's death - Dec 04, 2011
- Dev saab was very fond of classical music: Lata - Dec 04, 2011
- Dev Anand's leading ladies remember their 'hero' - Dec 06, 2011
- Dev Anand no more, film fraternity says 'abhi na jao chodkar' - Dec 04, 2011
- Dev Anand: Bollywood's very own Peter Pan says adieu (Obituary) - Dec 04, 2011
- 'No 'R.I.P.' for Dev Anand' - Dec 05, 2011
- Dev Anand lived and died on his own terms: Shekhar Kapur - Dec 04, 2011
- Dev Anand was stylish and well-read: Vyjayanthimala - Dec 06, 2011
- Boney Kapoor's ex-wife Mona dead - Mar 25, 2012
- Bhupen Hazarika's cremation wish was not met - Jan 13, 2012
- Dev saab's spirit, optimism inspiring: Bhandarkar - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: cardiac arrest, condolence, costumes, daughter gina, decades, dev anand, devina, kalpana kartik, last rites, legendary actor, london, mohan, mona, morgue, saab, screen name, sentimental reasons, seven days, tuesday night