Dev Anand gets ready to remake ‘Hare Rama Hare Krishna’July 28th, 2010 - 5:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 28 (IANS) Raring to go even at 86, Bollywood’s evergreen actor Dev Anand said Wednesday that he was going to remake his 1971 hit “Hare Rama Hare Krishna” very soon.
“I will make another version of ‘Hare Rama Hare Krishna’ in Nepal very soon. The script is ready. People want another ‘Hare Rama Hare Krishna’ I know that,” the ebullient Dev Anand told reporters at the first look of his directorial venture “Chargesheet” at the JW Marriott hotel here.
“If people can make remakes, make biopics, why can’t there be a remake of this film… The film will be made keeping in perspective the present generation,” the actor said, adding that his film was about drugs and hippies and the former was still a factor.
Dev Anand’s last few directorial ventures “Censor” (2001), “Love at Times Square” (2003) and “Mr Prime Minister” (2005) sank without a trace. But the legendary filmmaker is not disheartened.
Produced by Navketan films, “Chargsheet” is a suspense thriller where the 86-year-old star plays a pivotal role. He has also cast expelled Samajwadi party leader Amar Singh as a home minister in the film.
“He looks like a member of parliament. You can see the dream in his eyes that he can be home minister any day. Anything can happen in politics.”
Amar Singh had given his home in Delhi for the shooting of his film.
Dev Anand also spoke of his classic “Hum Dono”, which is being released in a colour version.
“The film ‘Hum Dono’ has been coloured and it will be out very soon. It looks fantastic, as if it has been shot in colour.”
- Dev Anand reserves his views on Hazare movement - Aug 25, 2011
- Dev Anand's 1961 classic 'Hum Dono' in colour - Dec 04, 2010
- Dev Anand's 'Hum Dono' coming in 3D? (With Image) - Jan 04, 2011
- Dev Anand: Bollywood's very own Peter Pan says adieu (Obituary) - Dec 04, 2011
- Dev Anand hunts for new face for new 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna' - May 19, 2011
- The brothers Anand: Tracking the Navketan story - Dec 05, 2011
- I'll colour all my films if 'Hum Dono' succeeds: Dev Anand (Interview) - Jan 27, 2011
- Dev got too involved with himself: Waheeda Rehman - Dec 06, 2011
- Bollywood who's who descends for 'Hum Dono' in colour - Feb 04, 2011
- Dev Anand’s 'Hum Dono' To Release In Color - Dec 04, 2010
- 'Hum Dono' tax-free in Maharashtra - Mar 17, 2011
- Fans mourn Dev Anand's demise - Dec 04, 2011
- BBC Asia Invites Dev Anand For An Interview - Jun 29, 2010
- I always take criticism in my stride: Dev Anand - Oct 18, 2011
- Mixed response for Dev Anand's 'Hum Dono' - Feb 06, 2011
Tags: actor dev anand, amar singh, bollywood, colour version, dev anand, directorial venture, hare rama hare krishna, hippies, home minister, hum dono, jw marriott hotel, legendary filmmaker, member of parliament, navketan films, old star, party leader, pivotal role, rama, suspense thriller, times square