Designers’ ode to free-spirited women at WIFW showOctober 10th, 2011 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 10 (IANS) Bohemian gowns, maxi-dresses, kaftans, body-hugging suits, shorts and skirts — all this and more splashed on the ramp of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) Monday as designers Hemant-Nandita and Pallavi Mohan presented an ode to free-spirited women.
Hemant-Nandita’s collection “Happily Unmarried” was inspired by the 1960s and 1970s and had a wide spectrum of body-hugging suits, straight fit dresses, jackets, shorts and skirts.
Fabrics like organza, satin and crepe in hues of blue, yellow, mustard, purple and grey were a visual delight for the audience.
“This is the first time we have showcased a pure western collection. Embellishments have always been our forte but we have tried keep it minimal this time. We have focused a lot on cuts and structure. We have tried to give every garment a different look. It’s a complete pret collection,” Hemant said after the show.
For designer Pallavi Mohan, Miss India Earth Hasleen Kaur walked the ramp and the petite, young designer focused on chic bohemian gowns, kaftans, maxi dress, hot pants, jacket accompanied with dresses and georgette gowns. The designer used hues like, ecru, blue and peach and stuck to her signature style of flower motifs.
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Chronicle of fashion foretold: Orange for winter - Apr 19, 2011
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Turn on unisex fashion this winter - Nov 24, 2011
- Shabana Azmi cheers for Anita Dongre at WIFW - Oct 12, 2011
- Neeru Kumar pays tribute to Indian fabrics at WIFW - Apr 06, 2011
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Are Indian women ready for beachwear? - Nov 06, 2009
- Urmila Matondkar walks ramp in bridal attire - Oct 30, 2010
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- Rohit Gandhi,Rahul Khanna create 'Theatre of Illusion' at WIFW - Oct 13, 2011
- Save the animals, urges designers at WIFW - Mar 26, 2010
- Tusshar gifts Nandita Mahtani's dress to Ekta - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: bohemian, ecru, embellishments, flower motifs, free spirited women, garment, georgette, hot pants, hues, india fashion week, kaur, maxi dresses, miss india, mohan, nandita, pallavi, signature style, visual delight, wills lifestyle india fashion week, yellow mustard