Designers Barkha ‘n’ Sonzal dress up santoor maestrosFebruary 3rd, 2010 - 11:42 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Feb 3, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Snazzing up old wine in a new bottle the designer duo of Barkha “n’ Sonzal dressed up the santoor maestros Pandit Shivkumar Sharma and Rahul Sharma for the patriotic song which premiered nationwide on the 26th Jan 2010.
And how did the father son duo stood out! Even in the plethora of film stars and renowned musicians Pandit Shivkumar Sharma and Rahul Sharma dazzled in their elegant ethnic wear.
Apparently the designers tell us that a lot of research went into the selection of the outfits.
Say designer Barkha, “Keeping the instrument of santoor and Kashmir in mind we designed outfits for them. For Panditji, we had designed a Kashmiri kurta and highlighted it with brocade cut-wok chinar leaves on the neck. For Rahul, we chose a white bundhgala, using dory work signifying the strings of the santoor.”
So we ask them how it was being part of history in the making with “Phir Mile Sur Mera Tumhara’ –a song signifying unity, oneness and the beauty of India.
Barkha answers, “Being Kashmiri ourselves, it was a thrill to dress Pandit Shivkumar Sharma and Rahul for the song. We would like our work to signify exactly what the song “Mile Sure Mera Tumhara’ stands for- peace unity and off course beauty like none other.”
-Natasha/ Sampurn Wire
- Designer Sisters, Barkha N' Sonzal’s Latest Collection For A Noble Cause - Dec 21, 2010
- President, PM condole death of Bhimsen Joshi - Jan 24, 2011
- Barkha 'n' Sonzal launch Autumn Winter 2009-10 Menswear Collection - Aug 27, 2009
- PM condoles demise of vocalist Bhimsen Joshi - Jan 24, 2011
- Bhopal hosts international music festival - Jan 03, 2010
- Item songs inspired Rohan Arora's footwear line (With Images) - Aug 06, 2012
- Sreedharan on Vaishno Devi Board - Mar 27, 2012
- I'm glad restaurants, soaps are named Santoor: Shiv Kumar Sharma (Interview) - Aug 27, 2010
- Thanks to Sonam, Anil Kapoor gets invited to fashion events - Sep 10, 2012
- Amitabh launches new version of 'Mile sur mera tumhara' - Jan 25, 2010
- Kashmiri folk culture comes alive at R-Day - Jan 26, 2011
- Imtiaz Ali brings Kashmiri wedding rituals on screen - Oct 15, 2011
- Annu Kapoor, Durga Jasraj team up again to host TV show - Jan 28, 2011
- Bhimsen Joshi passes away, country mourns death of its 'ratna' (Second Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- Bhimsen Joshi: Legend, music maestro and lover of fast cars too (Obituary) - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: brocade, designers, ethnic wear, film stars, India, kashmir, kurta, leaves, maestros, old wine in a new bottle, oneness, patriotic song, peace, plethora, rahul sharma, renowned musicians, santoor, shivkumar sharma, unity, wine