Designer Shabina Khan turns producer with ‘Rowdy Rathore’April 3rd, 2012 - 5:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 3 (IANS) Designer Shabina Khan has turned co-producer with the forthcoming film “Rowdy Rathore” and says she is not the official designer for the action movie but has created few costumes for Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha.
“Rowdy Rathore” is jointly produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Shabina.
“I have been associated with Sanjay Leela Bhansali from ‘Khamooshi’ days. We have been great friends and we wanted to do something together like this. I had a production house. I have produced three serials in the past. I always wanted to produce film. With ‘Rowdy Rathore’ things fall in place and we started the project,” she told IANS.
As a designer she designed for Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukerji, Hrithik Roshan and Madhuri Dixit. Bit says that she is not the official designer for the film.
“I have designed few clothes for Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha in the film but I am not the official designer for ‘Rowdy Rathore’,” she added.
Shabina praises Bhansali for giving her lots of freedom as a producer.
“Sanjay gave me all the freedom as a producer. He is one of the nicest co-producers in the industry. I did the entire film. My involvement with the film was right from the beginning - from location hunting till the final product,” she said.
- Action without entertainment no fun: Shabina Khan - Jun 13, 2012
- Bhansali, Shabinaa team up to co-produce Akshay-starrer 'Rowdy Rathore' - Apr 29, 2011
- Decide Akshay Kumar's 'Rowdy Rathore' look online - Aug 06, 2011
- Handmade posters to make comeback with 'Rowdy Rathod' - Oct 24, 2011
- Action works for Akshay, 'Rowdy Rathore' earns Rs.29.8 cr - Jun 03, 2012
- 'Rowdy Rathore', 'Housefull 2' release dates announced - Sep 30, 2011
- Censor beeps dialogue in 'Rowdy Rathore' trailer - Apr 03, 2012
- Akshay to learn combat karate for 'Rowdy Rathore' - Jun 27, 2011
- Prabhu Deva steals show at trailer launch of 'Rowdy Rathore' - Apr 03, 2012
- 'Rowdy Rathore' team parties, crossing Rs.100 cr mark - Jun 16, 2012
- Siddharth Roy Kapoor doesn't rule out 'Rowdy Rathore' sequel - Jun 16, 2012
- For Pooja Bhatt, 'Jism 2' director-proof script (Movie Snippets) - Jun 10, 2012
- Akshay thanks fans for 'Rowdy Rathore' success - Jun 04, 2012
- Sonakshi guarded about 'Rowdy Rathore' sequel - Jun 23, 2012
- Akshay Kumar gets rowdy with 'Rowdy Rathore' (IANS Preview) - May 30, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, clothes, costumes, forthcoming film, freedom, great friends, hrithik roshan, hunting, madhuri dixit, producers, rani mukerji, rathore, salman khan, sanjay leela bhansali, serials, shah rukh khan