Designer Ozwald Boateng says Bond should have a Brit tailorNovember 13th, 2008 - 6:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, November 13 (ANI): Ozwald Boateng, best known for introducing Savile Row tailoring, has said that James Bond actor should have his suits designed by a British tailor only.
Boateng said that a native tailor would be the ideal choice for the essentially English institution.
The fashion designer joined other celebrity outfitters who have not been pleased with the Bond producers decision to have American Tom Ford design actor Daniel Craig’’s suits for the latest Bond thriller Quantum Of Solace.
It should absolutely be a British tailor, the Telegraph quoted Boateng as telling The Independent.
I mean, Tom’’s great and everything, and so are his designs in the film, but it should be a Savile Row tailor. James Bond’’s an English institution and so is Savile Row - they belong together.
“They should ask me. I”d love to do it. I”ve thought about it quite a lot and I”d jump at the chance. I”d nail it.” (ANI)
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Daniel Craig says he is 'ready and willing' for new Bond film - Aug 16, 2010
- 'Kings of Leon' to record new James Bond theme song - Jun 24, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- Is Naomie Harris the new Bond girl? - Jun 07, 2011
- Harrison Ford wants to play James Bond - Aug 18, 2011
- Daniel Craig To Star In Remake Of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Jul 28, 2010
- Railways' green signal to Bond film - Sep 01, 2011
- Daniel Craig 'gagging to go' for next Bond film - Jul 23, 2011
- Everything changed since Bond film: Gemma Arterton (Interview) - May 02, 2010
- 'International designers won't affect Indian brands' - Apr 20, 2012
- Daniel Craig Passionate About Third Bond Movie - Aug 16, 2010
- Mendes wasn't sure about Craig as Bond - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: boateng, bond actor, bond producers, celebrity, daniel craig, english institution, fashion designer, ford, ford design, james bond, love, quantum, solace, suits, tailor james, tailor london, telegraph, thriller, tom ford