Designer captures woman’s beauty in PakeezahJuly 7th, 2012 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 7 (IANS) Ethereal beauty and grace — this and the innocence of woman that fashion designer Amit Talwar has tried to capture in his new collection called Pakeezah.
“Pakeezah is the purity of inner beauty and is a reflection of a woman’s heart which is full of love, care and gratitude for everyone. The collection blends itself with the rich cultural heritage of our motherland to produce vintage garments in majestic cuts,” Talwar told IANS.
The collection is an amalgamation of saris, anarkalis and lehengas in fabrics like chiffon, cotton and georgette.
“The collection has a colour palette of raunchy red, shocking pink, bright olive and refreshing orange to give eyes some mesmerising therapy. Each piece is stylish and elegant,” said Talwar.
The designer specialises in offering customers aesthetic combinations and interesting mix-and-match. He says his latest collection will appeal to people of all age groups.
“It can be worn by women who may be 16 or 60 years old,” he said.
The range is tagged at a starting price of Rs.25,000 and is available at the designer’s store in the capital.
- Pam Mehta offers Floral Fiesta (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Varun Bahl opens Couture Week; Madhuri cheers - Jul 23, 2011
- Preeti Ghai's new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images) - May 15, 2011
- Pre-bridal outfits on Preeti Ghai's shelf - Aug 24, 2011
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Manish wowed with his collection, B-town loved it too (With Images) - Aug 12, 2012
- Couture week: Manav Gangwani to showcase A Timeless Affaire (With Image) - Jul 18, 2011
- Ritika Bhasin offers multi-purpose trousseau (With Images) - Feb 04, 2012
- Go for stylish holiday wear this summer (With Image) - Mar 29, 2012
- Deepika Govind's new designs mix style, power - Nov 15, 2011
- Indira Baikerikar's latest collection an ode to artisans - Jul 15, 2012
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Sonam, Shabana make their way to DCW (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sonam, Shabana make their way to DCW (Lead with correction in second para) - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: age groups, amalgamation, beauty and grace, chiffon, colour palette, cultural heritage, ethereal beauty, fabrics, fashion designer, georgette, gratitude, inner beauty, innocence, lehengas, motherland, New Delhi, pakeezah, purity, talwar, vintage garments