Designer Abhishek Dutta spreads message of ‘No Pollution’August 6th, 2012 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 6 (IANS) Fashion with a message - that was the idea behind designer Abhishek Dutta’s one-of-a-kind show at the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2012 here Monday. His models wore anti-pollution metallic masks during the show to support the cause of “No Pollution”.
“I wanted to promote the cause of anti-pollution through my collection and that is why all my models were wearing anti-pollution masks. The music also had honking sounds in it to portray heavy traffic,” the designer told IANS.
The collection was based on the Chinese puzzle called “Tangram”, which consists of seven triangular pieces put together to make different three-dimensional formations. This was portrayed through the collection as well.
Some of the garments in the shows were structured jackets, zipper jackets and Jodhpurs for men and jumpsuits, maxi dresses and corset tops for women. The line also displayed a blend of Indo-western sensibilities with knitted kurtas worn over jeans.
The look and feel of all garments was very edgy and grungy with the use of leather.
“Leather was the only thing which could support the strong look of the clothes. I understand that it is not right to use it, but I just want to clarify here that even though it is there is all the garments, it has been used minimally,” he said.
- Designer brings spirit of Mexico alive at LFW - Aug 03, 2012
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Kareena helped in brand building: Pankaj-Nidhi - Aug 08, 2012
- 'Paparazzi' with Umrao Jaan, Lady Gaga at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 17, 2011
- Item songs inspired Rohan Arora's footwear line (With Images) - Aug 06, 2012
- Sanchita gets inspired by wild west at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- 'Psychic killers' steal show at men's fashion week - Aug 27, 2010
- Beauty queens jazz up Archana Kochhar's LFW show - Aug 17, 2011
- Preeti Desai dazzles in white lehenga choli for Anita Dongre - Aug 06, 2012
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Manish Malhotra to be LFW grand finale designer - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: chinese puzzle, clothes, corset tops, dresses, garments, heavy traffic, indo, jeans, jodhpurs, jumpsuits, kurtas, lakme fashion week, leather leather, masks, pollution, tangram, tops for women, triangular pieces, western sensibilities, zipper