‘Deshdrohi’ producer slaps legal notice on firmApril 3rd, 2009 - 5:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) Actor-turned-producer Kamal Khan has slapped a legal notice on event management firm Concept Group for not paying up for the publicity it got through his controversial film “Deshdrohi”.
Concept Group’s logo had been used for printing material associated with the film and also during its screening - for which the group was supposed to pay Rs.20 million to Khan as per an agreement, his lawyer said.
“My client has communicated several times with the group officials for the payment, but they never respond. So we have no other option but to serve a legal notice to them. We have asked the group to pay Rs.20 million along with damages of Rs.10 million with an 18 percent rate of interest,” Khan’s counsel Kamal Singh Pundhir said.
The Bollywood movie, “Deshdrohi”, saw controversy before its release for its subject - north Indians being attacked in Maharashtra. It was released in November across India, except in Maharashtra.
“My client has already begun shooting for ‘Deshdrohi II’, but if companies follow such publicity tactics then the agreements done before the release of films will be immaterial and they will continue to adopt unfair trade practices,” Pundhir said.
He said if the company does not respond to the notice within 15 days, “then we will take proper legal action”.
Khan is now shooting for “Deshdrohi II” which stars Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, whose shortlived marriage with former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed hogged the headlines for days before its tragic climax.
“Deshdrohi II” is about the terrorist attacks in Mumbai in November last year, which claimed over 170 lives.
- Court issues notices to 'Veer' makers, Salman Khan - Jan 25, 2010
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Salman Khan sends legal notice to the 'Veer' Producer - Aug 27, 2010
- Lovelorn Fiza to act in Desh Drohi sequel (Lead) - Apr 01, 2009
- Shah Rukh returns in villainous avatar in 'Don 2' (IANS Preview) - Dec 20, 2011
- SC issues notice to CBI on Pappu Yadav's bail plea - Feb 06, 2012
- Court to hear lawsuit against 'Veer' Monday - Jan 24, 2010
- Bollywood formula: Controversy plus buzz equals publicity (Feature) - Aug 20, 2011
- Watch out 'Agent Vinod' for desi superspy flavour (IANS Preview) - Mar 19, 2012
- Emami Sues Dabangg Producer! - Sep 20, 2010
- Raajneeti In More Trouble, But Jha Won't Buckle Under - May 15, 2010
- Salman Khan deposes as witness in 'Chori Chori..' case - Mar 11, 2010
- High Court orders attachment of Sanjay Dutt's properties - Dec 28, 2010
- Harbhajan slaps legal notice on UB Group for Dhoni ad - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: 10 million, alias, anuradha, chand, concept group, controversial film, deputy chief minister, event management, fiza, kamal khan, kamal singh, maharashtra, management firm, mohammed, mohan, New Delhi, printing material, rate of interest, tragic climax, unfair trade practices