‘Descendents’ unfolds slowly and beautifully: ClooneyJanuary 12th, 2012 - 5:27 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Jan 12 (IANS) Actor George Clooney, who will be seen in “The Descendents”, says that the beauty of his new film lies in the script.
“I thought it was the best screenplay I’d read in a long, long time. When you look for trailers for this film, it’s very hard to explain it, because it’s a film that so slowly unfolds. So beautifully unfolds. It’s hard to describe the screenplay. You start reading it and you’re involved from the minute you start. By the end, you’re really taken by it,” said Clooney.
The film has won five nominations for the 69th Golden Globe Awards, including best actor for Clooney, best director for Alexander Payne and best motion picture drama.
Fox Star Studios’ film, which releases Jan 26 in India, stars Clooney as Matt King, a privileged Honolulu attorney from a landowning family, who is compelled to re-evaluate his marriage and life, while his wife lies comatose in a hospital following a boating accident.
Payne said Clooney was the right choice for the role.
“George is right for the part and he’s a terrific actor. He is a real pro and I couldn’t be more positive about him. He has spent most of his adult life on a film or TV set and he just loves it; that’s where he feels very comfortable and it shows. He is so at home,” said Payne.
- 'The Descendants' - a gentle, sensitive masterpiece (IANS Movie Review) - Jan 28, 2012
- French film 'The Artist' leads 69 Golden Globe Awards nomination - Dec 16, 2011
- Clooney's next about stolen artwork - Jan 10, 2012
- 'Siruthai Puli' - Puri's overdramatised action masala (Tamil Movie Review) - Sep 08, 2012
- Woody Allen wins Golden Globe for best screenplay - Jan 16, 2012
- 'The Descendants' wins for adapted screenplay - Feb 27, 2012
- Martin Scorsese wins best director award for 'Hugo' - Jan 16, 2012
- Clooney praises Pitt - Feb 17, 2012
- George Clooney wanted to die - Nov 12, 2011
- Clooney learns from mistakes - Aug 12, 2011
- Literary works dominate Golden Globe nomination list - Dec 19, 2011
- Clooney can't relate to 'The Descendents' role - Jan 22, 2012
- 'The King's Speech' wins seven awards at 2011 Baftas - Feb 14, 2011
- George Clooney rules out getting married again - Jan 23, 2011
- Clooney worried about less sleep - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: actor george clooney, adult life, alexander, alexander payne, best actor, best director, best screenplay, boating accident, descendents, fox, george clooney, golden globe awards, long long time, marriage, motion picture, new film, right choice, star studios, terrific actor, tv set