Depp’s ‘The Lone Ranger’ on holdAugust 14th, 2011 - 2:23 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 14 (IANS) Walt Disney Studios has halted the production of Johnny Depp starrer “The Lone Ranger” due to budget concerns.
Depp was to play Tonto in the remake of 1949 television classic. It was being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and “Pirates of the Caribbean” director Gore Verbinski was to helm the project.
The production of the movie, which was scheduled for release in December next year, has been halted due to budgetary concerns, rather than creative differences.
“Gore doesn’t want to budge for what he thinks a movie like this needs,” a source told the hollywoodreporter.com.
- Helena Bonham Carter in talks for 'The Lone Ranger' - Jul 21, 2011
- Johnny Depp To Play 'Tonto' In "The Lone Ranger" - Jan 19, 2011
- Johnny Depp was fond of 'The Lone Ranger' character Tonto - May 10, 2011
- Johny Depp 'wants Brad Pitt for 'The Lone Ranger' remake' - Dec 02, 2010
- Johnny Depp Will Recreate Lone Ranger’s Tonto - Jan 21, 2011
- 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' earns $3.9 mn on opening day - Jul 17, 2010
- Johnny Depp working with Disney on two new film projects - Jul 13, 2011
- Depp to star in 'Lone Ranger' movie, to alter history - May 22, 2011
- Depp in Wes Anderson's film - Jul 18, 2012
- Rob Marshall circles 'Pirates' - Aug 03, 2009
- Depp 'to salute Native Americans' through 'Lone Ranger' role - Jan 20, 2011
- Johnny Depp to star in remake of 'The Thin Man' - May 12, 2011
- Penelope Cruz may star in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' - Feb 12, 2010
- Johnny Depp uses fart machine to play pranks on film crew - Mar 27, 2011
- 'Rango' named best animated feature film at Oscars - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: budget concerns, budgetary concerns, creative differences, director gore verbinski, disney, disney studios, gore verbinski, helm, jerry bruckheimer, johnny depp, lone ranger, pirates of the caribbean, television, walt disney, walt disney studios