Depp says ‘Public Enemies’ role is a salute to his scoundrel granddadJune 4th, 2009 - 2:24 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 4 (ANI): Johnny Depp has revealed that his role in new gangster movie ‘Public Enemies’ is a salute to his grandfather, who was a racketeer of the prohibition-era.
Depp, who plays notorious 1920s criminal John Dillinger in the new film, insists that he took the role because he has grown up on tales of his own family’s shady past.
“This movie was a salute to my grandfather,” Contactmusic quoted Depp as telling America’s Star magazine.
“He bootlegged moonshine during the Depression, so because of him the character of Dillinger was pretty easy for me to connect to,” he added. (ANI)
- HBO Airs Michael Mann's "Public Enemies" - Jul 11, 2010
- Depp talks about role in 'Public Enemies' - Nov 03, 2009
- Johnny Depp Plays John Dillinger In "Public Enemies" - Jul 02, 2009
- Johnny Depp on green tea diet for 'Dark Shadows' role - Jan 29, 2011
- Johnny Depp working with Disney on two new film projects - Jul 13, 2011
- Savour Scarfaces favourite spaghetti sauce 62 years after his death - Mar 04, 2009
- Pictures from Johnny Depp's movie Dark shadows available on the Internet - Sep 14, 2011
- Johnny Depp to star in remake of 'The Thin Man' - May 12, 2011
- Depp 'to salute Native Americans' through 'Lone Ranger' role - Jan 20, 2011
- Johnny Depp all set to star in next '21 Jump Street' movie - Apr 27, 2011
- "Is Captain Sparrow drunk Or Gay" Asks The Disney Bosses - Nov 30, 2010
- Johnny Depp Turns Rock Star In Sonny Boy - Jul 09, 2010
- Gallagher wants Depp for Beatles film - May 25, 2011
- Depp loved scary movies as a kid - May 15, 2012
- Depp reprises Edward Scissorhands role - Jul 13, 2012