Depp hit with lawsuit over concert scuffleApril 18th, 2012 - 6:10 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 18 (IANS) Johnny Depp is facing legal action from a disabled woman, who has alleged she was assaulted by the actor’s security guards at a rock concert in December last year.
The woman named Jane Doe claims she sustained severe injuries and emotional distress after Depp’s minders hurt her during an Iggy and the Stooges gig at the Hollywood Palladium here, reports dailystar.co.uk.
She alleged that trouble ensued when Depp’s entourage tried to take away her iPhone, before dragging her out of the VIP section and causing her pants to fall down.
The woman says Depp was aware of the struggle and was supplying direct supervision and management of his security guards and directing their actions.
She is seeking unspecified damages, medical costs, reimbursement for loss of income, attorney’s fees and statutory damages.
- Depp gives partner standing ovation - Feb 18, 2011
- Miley Cyrus embarrassed by wardrobe mishap - Feb 19, 2012
- Lady scolds Bieber for swearing - Jul 28, 2012
- Minogue shows off biker chic in new promo - Apr 23, 2012
- Shakira sues former employees - Aug 12, 2012
- Rihanna wax statue unveiled at Tussauds - Sep 01, 2010
- Lohan sues Pitbull - Aug 21, 2011
- Kesha posts nude snap on Twitter - Sep 08, 2012
- Legal trouble for Longoria's restaurant - Nov 23, 2011
- Bundchen's lingerie ad under scanner - Oct 01, 2011
- Twain makes cameo in hotel commercial - Jul 22, 2012
- Lohan poses with lawyer at photo shoot - Jul 20, 2012
- Katy Perry has suitcase full of wigs - Apr 15, 2012
- Johnny Depp penning songs with Steven Tyler - May 11, 2011
- Mirren compares London riots to cannibalism - Sep 21, 2011
Tags: dailystar, emotional distress, entourage, gig, hollywood, hollywood palladium, iggy and the stooges, iphone, jane doe, johnny depp, medical costs, security guards, statutory damages, struggle, supervision, vip section