Depp flies in his own wine while filming in America!April 23rd, 2008 - 6:47 pm ICT by admin
London, Apr 23 (ANI): Johnny Depp is so particular about his wine, that when he couldnt stomach the American variety he was drinking, he had ten crates of the drink produced at his own vineyard in France flown to the US.
The actor owns the Plan de la Tour vineyard in France, where he also has all the wine-making facilities.
A source revealed that while working in Illinois on his new movie, Depp decided to have his own wine to be shipped over because he couldnt stand the local variety.
“Hes really enjoying filming but the only problem is that Illinois isnt exactly famous for its vineyards and Johnny is quite particular about his wine, the Daily Express quoted the source, as saying.
“He knows a lot about wine and has been on various courses. When he couldnt put up with the local wine any longer, he decided to organise for a shipment of his own to be sent across as well as his favourite Bordeaux Petrus,” the insider added.
In the new movie Public Enemies, Depp plays notorious American gangster John Dillinger. (ANI)
- Wine tours - a whole new weekend getaway (With Images) - Mar 02, 2011
- Moss buys 130,000 pounds vineyard for Hince - Sep 08, 2011
- Johnny Depp shipping in home-grown wine to new film set - Jun 23, 2008
- Climate change could wipe out red wine by 2050 - Mar 02, 2011
- HBO Airs Michael Mann's "Public Enemies" - Jul 11, 2010
- Johnny Depp wants to make wine one day - Mar 04, 2010
- Depp says 'Public Enemies' role is a salute to his scoundrel granddad - Jun 04, 2009
- Depp talks about role in 'Public Enemies' - Nov 03, 2009
- Wine served at royal wedding bags top prize - May 18, 2011
- Indian-origin entrepreneur builds wine chateau in Argentina - Sep 06, 2011
- Keith's drink a mystery for Depp - May 03, 2011
- Swig of spicy red Chile in Indian wine glass - Sep 21, 2011
- Johnny Depp on green tea diet for 'Dark Shadows' role - Jan 29, 2011
- Bitter cold may destroy 50 percent of Russia's vineyards - Feb 13, 2012
- Emilio Estevez’ Extreme Passion About His Wine Business - Jan 28, 2011