Depp, Clooney, DiCaprio, Timberlake, Foxx being considered for Frank Sinatra roleMay 18th, 2009 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
New York, May 18 (ANI): Academy Award winning film director Martin Scorsese is facing the biggest challenge of his career, as he has to cast an actor to play the role of a young Frank Sinatra in his big-budget biopic.
Film industry insiders have come up with a few names of Hollywood actors, who are most likely to fit the part, with three-time Oscar nominee Johnny Depp topping the list.
“One issue for Johnny is his age. He’s 45. But he’s youthful enough to play nearly anybody,” the New York Post quoted a source as saying.
“I think Johnny Depp is the guy,” Donald Trump echoed the source’s choice.
“He’s got Sinatra’s angular face, and he’s a great actor who can play anything from a pirate to a cross-dressing director in ‘Ed Wood’ to Willy Wonka,” he said.
Other names that have been included are newcomer James Franco, Jake Gyllenhaal, Justin Timberlake, Mark Wahlberg, Michael Buble, Jon Hamm, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio, Harry Connick Jnr, and surprisingly actor Jamie Foxx.
“Jamie would seem to be born to the role,” the Daily Star quoted an industry insider as saying.
“Magnificent voice, convincing acting ability - like Frank himself - born the wrong side of the tracks, makes it big against the odds, has his brushes with authority.
“The guy’s a gift,” the insider stated.
But the final decision will also depend on Tina Sinatra, who gave Scorsese permission to use her father’s recordings, and who is also an executive producer of the film. (ANI)
- Jamie Foxx to play Frank Sinatra in biopic - May 19, 2009
- Depp doesn't watch his films - Jan 02, 2011
- DiCaprio 'will act', Frank Sinatra 'will sing' in biopic - Feb 19, 2010
- Scorsese seeks Pacino, De Niro for Sintara movie - May 26, 2010
- Foxx to replace Smith in 'Django Unchained'? - Jun 25, 2011
- Gallagher wants Depp for Beatles film - May 25, 2011
- Depp likes to play eccentric roles - Dec 29, 2010
- Depp, Foxx to play Michael Jackson in biopic? - Jul 01, 2009
- Martin Scorsese wants to make Frank Sinatra's Biopic - May 25, 2010
- Leonardo DiCaprio has no plans of playing Frank Sinatra - Feb 20, 2010
- Johnny Depp's son 'likes Iron Man more than Captain Jack' - May 04, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' rules at Golden Globe nominations (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Simon Cowell presented a Frank Sinatra's handkerchief on the sets of American Idol - May 06, 2010
- Depp reprises Edward Scissorhands role - Jul 13, 2012
- Johnny Depp loves playing eccentric roles - Dec 28, 2010
Tags: director martin scorsese, donald trump, film director martin, film industry insiders, frank sinatra, george clooney, harry connick jnr, hollywood actors, industry insider, jake gyllenhaal, james franco, jon hamm, leonardo dicaprio, magnificent voice, martin scorsese, michael buble, new york post, tina sinatra, willy wonka, wrong side of the tracks