‘Department’ not based on Mumbai cops: RGVApril 8th, 2012 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 8 (IANS) Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has denied reports saying his forthcoming film “Department” is based on the real-life characters of the Mumbai police.
“Some sections of the press reported ‘Department’ is based upon real life characters in Mumbai police…it’s not true,” the 50-year-old tweeted.
It was reported that the movie revolves around the Anti-Terrorist Squad created to eliminate the mafia and talks about the struggle within the police department.
The film stars Amitabh Bachchan as gangster called Sarjerao Gaikwad, southern star Rana Daggubati features as a grungy policeman and Sanjay Dutt will be seen in a pivotal role.
“Department” is set for May 18 release.
- Nathalia worth following to end of the world: RGV - Apr 12, 2012
- RGV's next with Abhishek again - Mar 14, 2012
- Nathalia will star opposite Rana in 'Department' - Mar 04, 2012
- `Department' is mass entertainer: RGV - Apr 19, 2012
- 'Department' focuses on conflict of interest in police department (IANS Preview) - May 14, 2012
- 'Department' first look revealed - Apr 05, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt caught between two cop-roles - Nov 05, 2011
- 'Department' will be RGV's most stylish film: Rana Daggubati - Feb 29, 2012
- From real to reel: Reality inspires more Bollywood films - Jun 17, 2012
- Story can fail, innovative technique can never fail: RGV - May 16, 2012
- 'Department', a brutal film (IANS Movie Review-Rating: ***) - May 18, 2012
- I wish I could do Chulbul Pandey: Sanjay Dutt - May 07, 2012
- No delay, 'Department' to release May 18 - Apr 19, 2012
- RGV not my mentor: Nathalia Kaur - May 07, 2012
- Dhulia's next titled 'Valmiki Ki Bandook' (Movie Snippets) - Dec 13, 2011