Deols set to create ‘Apne’ magic with ‘Yamla Pagla…’ (Movie Preview)January 10th, 2011 - 3:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 10 (IANS) After wowing the audiences with their heartwarming peformances in “Apne”, the Deol trio - Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby - are set to tickle the audiences’ funny bone with their comedy-drama “Yamla Pagla Deewana”, which is releasing Friday.Directed by Samir Karnik, and co-produced by Nitin Manmohan, the film marks screen legend Dharmendra’s 50 years in the industry, while it is also the launch vehicle for television actress Kulraj Randhawa. The star cast also Nafisa Ali, Anupam Kher, Mukul Dev, Johnny Lever and Puneet Issar.
The film starts from Canada goes to Banaras and eventually ends up in Punjab. “Yamla Pagla Deewana” is a story of a Sikh father-son duo Dharam Singh (Dharmendra) and Gajodhar Singh (Bobby) who are the biggest conmen of Banaras. They are best friends and enjoy drinking and pulling off hilarious cons together. They think that they are very smart but get caught.
However, their happy-go-lucky lifestyle hits a roadblock after Paramveer Singh Dhillon (played by Sunny), a brawny and honest NRI from Vancouver, enters their life claiming to be the eldest son of the family, who was separated in the childhood.
Gajodhar and Dharam accept Paramveer only to manipulate him and exploit his muscle power to serve their con games.
Meanwhile, Gajodhar falls in love with Saheba (Kulraj) a beautiful girl from Punjab. As their romance reaches its peak, her brothers arrive and forcibly take her away and then it’s Paramveer, who takes up the task of winning the girl back for his younger brother.
The film’s title is inspired from Dharmendra’s iconic song “Main jat yamla pagla deewana” from his 1975 film, “Pratiggya”. To add to the excitement, Bobby would also be seen replicating his father’s famous drunkard scene from blockbuster “Sholay”.
The film’s music is already a rage among music lovers, with “Tinku Jiya” and remixed version of original song “Yamla Pagla Deewana” being frequently played on various radio stations.
Earlier, the film only had Sunny and Bobby and was titled “Double Trouble” but because the name was already registered they scrapped the idea, that’s when Dharmendra came on board and they decided to change the script and incorporate him into the film.
- Preview Of 'Yamla Pagla Deewana': Deols Will Rock This Time! - Jan 13, 2011
- 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' Review: Laugh Out Loud - Jan 14, 2011
- Yamla Pagla Deewana Brings Back Father-Sons Duo - Nov 20, 2010
- 'Yamla Pagla Deewana', a heartwarming tribute to Deols (IANS Hindi Film Review, Rating:***) - Jan 15, 2011
- Dharmendra To Recreate 'Sholay' Magic In Yamla Pagla Deewana - Nov 10, 2010
- Dharmendra, sons promote 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' in Mumbai - Nov 25, 2010
- Rustic Punjabi flavour dominates 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' music (IANS Music Review) - Dec 16, 2010
- Dharmendra, Bobby to play conmen in 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' - Feb 17, 2010
- Yamla Pagla Deewana To Release With New Climax - Dec 07, 2010
- Sunny readying for 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' sequel, TV series - Feb 25, 2011
- Bobby Deol Gets The Much Deserved Vacation - Jan 26, 2011
- Dharmendra: A ‘He Man’ Cannot Afford To Be Old! - Dec 30, 2010
- The con is on in Bollywood! - May 18, 2010
- I am not dating Samir Karnik: Kulraj Randhawa - Dec 08, 2010
- Playing drunkard was tough, says Mukul Dev - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: anupam kher, blockbuster, comedy drama, con games, conmen, deewana, dharmendra, film marks, jiya, johnny lever, kulraj randhawa, launch vehicle, mukul dev, muscle power, nitin manmohan, puneet issar, samir karnik, screen legend, sholay, television actress