Deol trio, Priyanka Chopra to dazzle at IIFA TorontoMay 20th, 2011 - 2:50 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 20 (IANS) Bollywood’s famous Deols - veteran actor Dharmendra and his sons Sunny and Bobby - are set to enthrall fans in Toronto with their signature dance steps at the 12th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards to be held next month. Actress Priyanka Chopra will add glamour to the event too.
“Dad is celebrating his 50 years in the industry. It’s a great moment for all of us. So we are going to be all together and looking forward to it,” actor Bobby Deol told reporters at a press conference here Thursday night.
Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby, who were recently seen together in comedy film “Yamla Pagla Deewana” will perform to peppy songs from the movie, as well as on some of Dharmendra’s classic numbers.
“We will of course perform on ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana’ songs. We would also choose some songs from dad’s films on which we can perform,” said Bobby.
Even at 75, the evergreen Dharmendra is quite excited to take to the stage to celebrate five decades of his contribution to the film industry.
“I am loving it. Wherever we go we are going to enjoy because we all love you and you all love us. That’s the beauty,” said Dharmendra.
The three-day IIFA weekend is to be held June 23-25.
According to Bobby, IIFA is different from other awards because it takes Bollywood beyond Indian shores and popularises its song and dance culture in different countries every year.
“IIFA is different because it reaches to different parts of the world. India becomes the talk of the town in those countries. They get to know more about Indian culture and it’s a great way of spreading across to the world, what Indians are all about,” he said.
Actress Priyanka Chopra said she has not yet decided the numbers she would be performing to at the IIFA event, but she hopes to do something unique.
“This is too early to decide what to perform in IIFA as it still has a month to go. I have performed in almost every award functions this year so would like to do something different in IIFA,” said Priyanka.
Though she will not be performing with the Deols, the 28-year-old said she was looking forward to being with them as she shares a special bonding with the family.
“I am very excited. My relationship with the Deol family is very special because the hero of my first film ‘The Hero: Love Story of a Spy’ was Sunny Deol,” she added.
- Preview Of 'Yamla Pagla Deewana': Deols Will Rock This Time! - Jan 13, 2011
- I am Sunny's third son: Bobby Deol - Dec 24, 2010
- Yamla Pagla Deewana To Release With New Climax - Dec 07, 2010
- Sunny Deol Discovers Importance Of Promotion After 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' - Jan 31, 2011
- Yamla Pagla Deewana Brings Back Father-Sons Duo - Nov 20, 2010
- Deols set to create 'Apne' magic with 'Yamla Pagla...' (Movie Preview) - Jan 10, 2011
- Dharmendra, sons promote 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' in Mumbai - Nov 25, 2010
- Dharmendra To Recreate 'Sholay' Magic In Yamla Pagla Deewana - Nov 10, 2010
- Bobby Deol: A Roller Coaster Journey May End Up With 'Thank You' In 2011 - Jan 27, 2011
- Dharmendra: A ‘He Man’ Cannot Afford To Be Old! - Dec 30, 2010
- 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' Review: Laugh Out Loud - Jan 14, 2011
- If 'Yamla...' does well, will bring its sequel: Sunny Deol - Jan 09, 2011
- Scriptwriter Of Yamla Pagla Deewana Is On Cloud Nine - Jan 28, 2011
- Sunny readying for 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' sequel, TV series - Feb 25, 2011
- I'm very scared of dad Dharmendra: Sunny Deol (Interview) - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: actor dharmendra, actress priyanka, bobby deol, bollywood, classic numbers, comedy film, dance culture, dance steps, deewana songs, dharmendra, film academy, film industry, great moment, indian culture, indian film, mumbai, priyanka chopra, song and dance, thursday night, veteran actor