Dennis Quaid’s twins win $250,000 pay-out each from LA hospitalJune 20th, 2009 - 4:21 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 20 (ANI): Dennis Quaid’s twins will get 250,000 dollars each from Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, as part of a settlement related to the babies’ near-fatal blood thinner overdose controversy.
Bosses at the centre have agreed to pay the amount to little Thomas Boone and Zoe Grace, who had to fight for life just 12 days after they were born in 2007.
The problem occurred when a labelling mix-up led to a hospital nurse incorrectly administering an overdose of the drug Heparin to the babies.
The dispute between Quaid and his wife Kimberley Buffington and the hospital was settled last December, but lawyers for the couple insisted that that wasn’t enough.
They said at the time that the babies had not recovered “completely from the effects of the injuries.”
A news story published by TMZ.com says that the hospital bosses have agreed to pay up again, reports Contactmusic.
Hospital officials have also agreed to provide future medical care for the babies if it is related to any mishap on their part.
Earlier in March this year, Quaid praised Cedars-Sinai Medical Center staff for addressing the labelling problems that had resulted in the medical emergency.
Quaid and his wife have launched a campaign for better bottle-labelling systems to prevent hospital tragedies across America. (ANI)
- Dennis Quaid Sues Drug Company, Baxter Healthcare, Over His Kids' Overdose - May 27, 2010
- Dennis Quaid fronts docu to promote prevention of medical errors - Apr 16, 2010
- Dennis Quaids hospital case over medication error closed - Jan 10, 2009
- Dennis Quaid's wife files for divorce - Mar 11, 2012
- Dennis Quaid settles for $750,000 over medication error - Dec 17, 2008
- Dennis Quaid sues Baxter over a blood thinner mix-up - May 27, 2010
- Hospital sends 1,400 nurses to extra training after Quaid twins accidental overdose - Dec 05, 2007
- Dennis Quaid Sues Baxter International Inc Once More - May 27, 2010
- Charlie Sheen hospitalised - Jan 28, 2011
- Elton John recovering well from infection - May 30, 2012
- Dennis Quaid threatens to sue Los Angeles hospital - Mar 30, 2008
- It's a girl for Kourtney Kardashian! - Jul 09, 2012
- Elizabeth Taylor on road to recovery - Feb 16, 2011
- Fears over Liz Taylor's health as hospital stay extended - Feb 14, 2011
- Gary Busey's 1-year-old son hospitalized - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: babies, buffington, cedars sinai medical center, controversy, dennis quaid, heparin, hospital nurse, hospital officials, lawyers, little thomas, medical care, medical center staff, medical emergency, mishap, news story, sinai medical center, thomas boone, tragedies, twins, zoe